GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Leeds Festival"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/08/06 at 18:44
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
So who else on here is going this year..?

Can't wait to see Killswitch. Slayer and Bullet will be awesome too. Other than that, theres not really many bands that I want to see but will still be a good weekend as always.
Mon 04/09/06 at 20:13
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Muse were pretty good, but I'd have probably been better off staying in the Lock-Up tent to see the rest of Anti-Flag and Reel Big Fish, with the lack of playing to the crowd (Though I was a fair way back... still, the light show looked great!) Oh well, there's always next year... -Hopes for plenty of decent acts to be announced!-

The lack of Angel Of Death was the only low point of Slayer's performance... no bloody wonder so many people were chanting "One more song! Angel of Death!", even as Dave Lombardo's drum kit was towed off...
Sat 02/09/06 at 15:17
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Was a good weekend, but for me, the music all went downhill after Slayer. I was amazed that they didn't play Angel of Death! But they were still awesome.

My other favourite bands of the weekend were just the ones I always expected them to be too... Killswitch, Bullet, The Subways and Muse were ok too (although Matt Belamy doesn't get the crowd going enough for Muse to headline in my opinion...).
Thu 31/08/06 at 13:54
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
I saw some of the music on BBC3 and really enjoyed Muse's performance. Kaiser Chiefs were good.
Tue 29/08/06 at 20:09
Regular
"The definitive tag"
No Angel of Death? How odd...
Tue 29/08/06 at 12:50
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I was at Reading, and was at the front for most of Sunday (I was there every day for the start!), so I got a really good place for Killswitch, Mastodon, Bullet and Slayer... excellent stuff! Slayer didn't play Angel Of Death, but they were absolutely incredible, and Killswitch's cover of Holy Diver by Dio was absolutely killer!

Otherwise, there were some great performances though... Towers Of London, Flogging Molly (Both performances, especially in the Lock-Up), Municipal Waste, Gogol Bordello, Lightyear, Muse and Anti-Flag were all pretty damn good!

Otherwise, Fightstar, Aiden and Taking Back Sunday I sadly saw... all were absolutely shockingly poor. On a more righteous note, Panic at the Disco's singer got knocked out by something thrown at him (Supposedly either a golf ball or a beer bottle, according to one security guy who thought it was great, ha ha!)
Mon 14/08/06 at 00:14
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I'd go to see Slayer, Killswitch and Mastodon, but I can't afford it and the rest of the line up is rubbish.
Sun 13/08/06 at 21:48
Regular
Would like to go but can't, ex-girlfriend is going though.
Sun 13/08/06 at 18:44
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
So who else on here is going this year..?

Can't wait to see Killswitch. Slayer and Bullet will be awesome too. Other than that, theres not really many bands that I want to see but will still be a good weekend as always.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.