GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola forum theme"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/04/18 at 17:59
"Are you sure?"

Hmmm... wrote in General Chat:
Looks like 1995 to me! :¬(

Hmmm...

'You' have a "Tell us what you think!" button, but hopefully you also read the forum...

FWIW
This new dark forum theme would have perhaps worked when you were a 'games' site, but now that's in the past it really doesn't work for me.

As a broadband, domain names, hosting company the previous look worked better for me.
#Feedback

Hmmm...
Thu 12/04/18 at 23:05
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Yep ... what Hmmm says :¬)
Thu 12/04/18 at 11:05
"Are you sure?"
You have lots of "calls to action" to provide feedback, so I know you're always happy to hear people's views :¬)

As a long term happy Freeola customer (I spent over £1500 last year with you, not including the people I refer) I'm confused with recent changes.

The forum reduced in size etc. with the only live section "The Freeola Customer Forum" - so in theory focusing on broadband, domains and hosting.

But then the theme was revamped with a gaming style which doesn't seem to make sense to me...

You are now asking for gaming visitors to sign-up to discuss their games - but you've just closed that section of the forum?!

As an aside where you've mentioned analytics/visitors.
It's interesting how this thread quickly racked up 1300+ visitors. I think a lot of those may be 'bots' that arrived after I linked to this thread via Twitter - could be wrong but the figures look a bit strange.

Perhaps if you are thinking about returning to gaming related things you should run a gaming forum separately to your customer forum to help people like me that are easily confused ;¬)

Hmmm...
Wed 11/04/18 at 19:03
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
It's not real gold. It's mud with a tinge of yellow.

In the past month there were 11413 visitors to the parts of our site which are now black and gold retro.

HEY - VISITORS - please sign up and tell us what games you play.
Tue 10/04/18 at 11:02
"possibly impossible"
With the gold and black it's less 1995 and more 1920s
Wed 04/04/18 at 19:43
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Having read 'stuff' from Freeola, guess this is what the intention is ;¬)
Wed 04/04/18 at 17:59
"Are you sure?"

Hmmm... wrote in General Chat:
Looks like 1995 to me! :¬(

Hmmm...

'You' have a "Tell us what you think!" button, but hopefully you also read the forum...

FWIW
This new dark forum theme would have perhaps worked when you were a 'games' site, but now that's in the past it really doesn't work for me.

As a broadband, domain names, hosting company the previous look worked better for me.
#Feedback

Hmmm...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.