GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mobile site gone weird"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/05/17 at 14:50
Regular
When the new mobile version of our website came with freeolas addition of this option it looked really great,

For some reason it has changed, lots of different fonts, pictures in weird places etc etc Have not changed anything personally

Any ideas for the reason ??

www.guardianpestcontrol.co.uk
Wed 17/05/17 at 08:18
Regular
Thanks for doing that , Ok I will have to work through it ,thanks again Hugh
Tue 16/05/17 at 09:06
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

Dograt wrote:
Theres a few but on the Pest info page, most pics are left aligned as per main website but on the mobile site the picture of the mouse is in the middle,

First page, the font sizes change

I see, so the problem is with the "mobile" format rather than the site in general.

The problem you have is that although you've switched to using the mobile friendly option, you have not converted your pages to use the new drag and drop editor, so everything is set out in tables. These do not behave well, and the areas that you're seeing issues are due to there being fixed widths and heights on tables and table cells; great for fixed format pages, not so great for flexible pages that need to move content.

I made a couple of changes to your "Pest Information" page that have helped with the placement of pictures and text, but you really need to go through each page and switch to the new editor. This will require some work on your part, as some of the placement for elements on the page wont "translate" perfectly.

The reason for this being necessary is that where the old system relied on table cells to keep things in place (fixed content), the new drag and drop editor uses divs (so flexible content). The reason it'll take you a bit of work is that divs are not a straight "replacement" for table cells, so some of their behaviours are different.

I hope this helps.

(btw, I don't think this has "changed", it's simply not consistent, for all the reasons above...)

Post edited by chasfh on 16/05/2017 at 09:07.
Mon 15/05/17 at 17:23
Regular
Theres a few but on the Pest info page, most pics are left aligned as per main website but on the mobile site the picture of the mouse is in the middle,

First page, the font sizes change
Mon 15/05/17 at 15:13
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

Dograt wrote:
When the new mobile version of our website came with freeolas addition of this option it looked really great,

For some reason it has changed, lots of different fonts, pictures in weird places etc etc Have not changed anything personally

I just took a look, and it all looks fine to me. Can you give a specific example of where you see a problem? (might just be badly cached on your browser).

Mon 15/05/17 at 14:50
Regular

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.