GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"websites and emails"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/03/17 at 12:54
Regular
My website is hosted at wix, but i've transfered the domain over to freeola so I can create a new email mailbox but I'm not sure what to do in terms of the DNS or whatever records. If I point them to freeola, will my website go off line?
Wed 29/03/17 at 18:23
Regular
Brilliant..Thanks!
Wed 29/03/17 at 17:14
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

mediagurutv wrote:
Thanks- so for my domain: mediagurutv.com i've changed the dns to freeola now. I can log in to see the A name and CNAME details in wix...what do i need to do now to keep my website hosted at wix ( because its paid for another year) but create the email here at freeola?

YIKES THE SITE IS OFFLINE NOW! HELP!

Post edited by mediagurutv on 29/03/2017 at 14:29.

I noticed you put a support ticket in with the relevant records. I have entered those for you, and it looks like your site is up and running again.

Hopefully that's all you needed...
Wed 29/03/17 at 14:18
Regular
Thanks- so for my domain: mediagurutv.com i've changed the dns to freeola now. I can log in to see the A name and CNAME details in wix...what do i need to do now to keep my website hosted at wix ( because its paid for another year) but create the email here at freeola?

YIKES THE SITE IS OFFLINE NOW! HELP!

Post edited by mediagurutv on 29/03/2017 at 14:29.
Wed 29/03/17 at 13:24
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
You'll need to set the DNS to Freeola defaults in order to use our mail service, and then install an A-Record (and possibly CNAME) to point to your web site. Wix should be able to provide you with the relevant records.
Wed 29/03/17 at 12:54
Regular
My website is hosted at wix, but i've transfered the domain over to freeola so I can create a new email mailbox but I'm not sure what to do in terms of the DNS or whatever records. If I point them to freeola, will my website go off line?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.