GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Problem loading index files"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/03/17 at 11:58
Regular
Hi guys, I am trying to upload files using browser; It loads the files and creates a gif file showing as the main page. Unable to get hyperlinks to work...any ideas
Tue 07/03/17 at 12:46
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Looking at the site, you appear to have uploaded this as a single Word document containing an image; this is not going to display correctly as a web page, as the coding is not legitimate html or php. Additionally, the "links" are part of the gif image, and therefore do not contain the required url references and link tags to work (they are simply part of an image).

Essentially, the answer is that you need to code the page correctly, you can't simply upload a document in a different format. If you want to know how a web page should be formatted, see the following tutorials:

https://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp

Alternatively, if you don't want to learn how to code html, use InstantPro:

http://freeola.com/website-builder/

InstantPro would allow you to format pages, links, images and tags without needing to know how they work.

I hope this helps.
Tue 07/03/17 at 11:58
Regular
Hi guys, I am trying to upload files using browser; It loads the files and creates a gif file showing as the main page. Unable to get hyperlinks to work...any ideas

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.