GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Form to Mail Script"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/12/07 at 13:43
Staff
A new form to mail script has been placed on the servers to replace the existing one, the new script is identical apart from the addition of some new options.

To view information the new options please visit
http://freeola.com/support/form_to_mail/form_to_mail.php and read the new options section.

If you experience any issues with the new scripts please post here and we will resolve them as quickly as possible.
Wed 10/07/13 at 20:45
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hi pixelist ...

You shouldn't be having any problems!

Is this something like your 'page code' or not?

<form method="post" action="http://www.pixelist.com/cgi-bin form_to_mail.php">
<input type="hidden" name="recipient" value="[email protected]">
<input type="hidden" name="from" value="[email protected]">
<inout type="hidden" name="subject" value="Pixelist Enquiry">
<input type="hidden" name="require" value="name,e-mail,message">
<input type="hidden" name="captcha" value="yes">
<input type="hidden" name="success_redirect" value="http://www.pixelist.com/thanks.htm">
<p><font><b>Your Name:<br>
<input type="text" size="30" name="name"><br>
Your E-Mail Address:<br>
<input type="text" size="30" name="e-mail"><br>
Your message:</b><br>
<textarea name="message" rows="9" cols="50"></textarea></p>
<p><input type="submit" value="Send Query/Enquiry">&nbsp;<input type="reset" value="Clear and Reset"></p>
</form>

This is just an 'example' and the above 'thanks.htm' will have to be written and uploaded to your webspace. But to be of any assistance an address would be useful and where you have placed the code :¬)
Wed 10/07/13 at 20:16
Regular
Hi I'm stiil having no joy with my inline contact form.

I've followed the site walkthrough and cut and pasted your form line for line still nothing happening

it gives me a 404 error saying this

404 Error

This may be because the owner hasn't uploaded a website yet, that the web address for the page you were trying to reach has changed, or that you have clicked a broken link. If you are the owner, you can find more help & info at the Freeola Support Centre.

I have a freeola email address and vip web space.

And I'm assuming you have now enabled the cgi

but still nothing

please help.

Pixelist
Sun 30/06/13 at 20:35
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hi pixelist and welcome to the forums ...

Try here:

Form to Mail Script

and here's the code...

an example
Sun 30/06/13 at 19:45
Regular
Hi

Could you tell me where form_to_mail.php is? I've looked in the cgi bin - nothing there.

Searched your site same thing - nothing

I also got a message saying cgi scripts need enabling - when I tried my own.

please help

pixelist
Sun 23/12/07 at 17:46
Regular
It might just be me, but things ('form' responses) seem to have slowed up today :(

I realise I should "get a life" on 'Xmas eve,eve' but when you are trying to make your living from the internet it's not so easy to ignore things.

Update: Messages are arriving 1hr 20mins rather then the normal under 5mins for me.

Update2: Messages seem to be coming through normally this morning...

Happy Christmas to everyone!
Thu 20/12/07 at 16:46
Regular
Thanks for that - nice Xmas pressy!

I've tested everything and it all seems to work :)

I've also noticed that you now check the 'host' that submits the form - that alone should fix a problem for me. I have one site that was getting form submissions but I could see they weren't visiting my page (I mentioned it in my recent form_to_mail thread), so your host check will hopefully knock that problem on the head!

"Invalid host name (), please ensure you post to this form from a site that is hosted with Freeola."

If not the environmental data will come in handy.

I'm happy not to use the captcha - but (in case I do later) it would be nice if this could be run in a 'customised' page like all the other bits.

Thanks again!
Merry Xmas to everyone.
Thu 20/12/07 at 13:43
Staff
A new form to mail script has been placed on the servers to replace the existing one, the new script is identical apart from the addition of some new options.

To view information the new options please visit
http://freeola.com/support/form_to_mail/form_to_mail.php and read the new options section.

If you experience any issues with the new scripts please post here and we will resolve them as quickly as possible.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.