GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Windows 10 and BluRay"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/10/15 at 15:27
Regular
I have managed to acquire a second hand but barely used optical drive that will play read Bluray, HD-DVD (though I'd be surprised if I ever get to use that), read and write DVD and CD.

It all works fine, as far as I can tell, but I don't have the codecs to be able to play Bluray movies through my PC.

I'm happy to use Windows inbuilt player if there are malware free codecs available and I also have VLC player but I am happy to use other free videoplaying software, again so long as its not buggy and is malware free.

Any tips greatly appreciated :)
Fri 16/10/15 at 15:57
Regular
Apparently it has a lot to do with Sony's hold on Blu-Ray and licensing.

I was very surprised myself to find it didn't work.

I haven't had time to try any of the ideas yet but I will look at all 3 ASAP - thanks again :)
Fri 16/10/15 at 11:51
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
I've not used it for blu-ray - But I've always found the CCCP - along with VLC - tends to work for everything I've thrown at it.

Though I'm surprised VLC doesn't replay Blu-Ray discs?
Sun 11/10/15 at 22:48
Regular
Thanks, am not looking into doing anything too complicated (as otherwise I may as well stick to watching Blu Rays on my TV) but I'll take a look at these tomorrow :)
Sun 11/10/15 at 17:20
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hi Edgy ... guess you've tried these options:

play blu-ray op1

play blu-ray op2
Sun 11/10/15 at 15:27
Regular
I have managed to acquire a second hand but barely used optical drive that will play read Bluray, HD-DVD (though I'd be surprised if I ever get to use that), read and write DVD and CD.

It all works fine, as far as I can tell, but I don't have the codecs to be able to play Bluray movies through my PC.

I'm happy to use Windows inbuilt player if there are malware free codecs available and I also have VLC player but I am happy to use other free videoplaying software, again so long as its not buggy and is malware free.

Any tips greatly appreciated :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.