GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Win10 Outlook 2013"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/08/15 at 23:42
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
Hi,

I've got an interesting issue with setting up Outlook 2013...

I bought a new laptop. It came with Win 8 but I updated to Win10 straight after switching on and going through the initial setup config out of the box.

I Installed Office 2013 and created two email profiles.

Here's the thing... both profiles can send and receive a test email from the account set-up screen but neither can send a new 'user created' email.

The message I'm getting is something along the lines of 'can't send email, unable to contact server. please check network or modem'.

Has anyone got any ideas on this? I've tried changing ports to SSL and also tried smtp port of 2025. TEST mails always succeed - all other mails fail. I've checked and rechecked settings and compared them with settings which work on another laptop (same domain too).

The only other slightly odd thing is that there is no 'Mail' icon in the control panel. There is a 'Mail (32 bit)' icon but it won't run on a 64bit machine. I set up the profiles by using 'outlook /profiles' from the run box.

It's all most odd.
Mon 17/08/15 at 22:09
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
That worked.

Still haven't got a 'mail' icon in control panel but I can work round that.

cheers.
Mon 17/08/15 at 10:24
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
Thank you - I shall give that a shot.
Mon 17/08/15 at 08:42
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
We've seen loads of these, there seems to be an issue with some versions of Outlook and the upgrade to Windows 10. Something to do with some .dll files that get altered as part of the upgrade.

Easy enough fix; open up an Administrative Command Prompt (right-click the Start icon) and type "sfc /scannow" (without the quotations).

This may take 20 minutes or so to run, but will fix your problem.
Sun 16/08/15 at 23:42
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
Hi,

I've got an interesting issue with setting up Outlook 2013...

I bought a new laptop. It came with Win 8 but I updated to Win10 straight after switching on and going through the initial setup config out of the box.

I Installed Office 2013 and created two email profiles.

Here's the thing... both profiles can send and receive a test email from the account set-up screen but neither can send a new 'user created' email.

The message I'm getting is something along the lines of 'can't send email, unable to contact server. please check network or modem'.

Has anyone got any ideas on this? I've tried changing ports to SSL and also tried smtp port of 2025. TEST mails always succeed - all other mails fail. I've checked and rechecked settings and compared them with settings which work on another laptop (same domain too).

The only other slightly odd thing is that there is no 'Mail' icon in the control panel. There is a 'Mail (32 bit)' icon but it won't run on a 64bit machine. I set up the profiles by using 'outlook /profiles' from the run box.

It's all most odd.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.