GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[GAME] Just Dance 2014 (Wii U)"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Just Dance Kids 2014'.
Tue 22/10/13 at 21:37
"possibly impossible"
The Just Dance series may have some sneering at the 'lazy' scoring system and the flighty controls, but Ubisoft have built up a big fanbase for the silhouetted, move pulling dance extravaganza and a new version is big news to the fans.

Just Start
For those yet to experience the highs of the world’s most crazy dancing game, it goes a little like this; You choose a song from the many varied tunes on offer, everything from the latest pop sensation like Get Lucky from Daft Punk to good old fashioned cheese like YMCA or oldies like I Will Survive, then a silhouetted figure (or figures) on screen acts out the moves, with you copying them. That’s pretty much it for the basics and it’s a formula that hasn’t really changes since the first Just Dance arrived on the Wii.,

Just listen
The track listing is, as always, highly important in a game like this and the team have managed to come up with a pretty good range of tracks here. The dances, though, seem to get weirder every year. Expect to be dancing the Macarena to Ghostbusters, throwing shapes with dancers dressed as fruit to In The Summer Time or get down with Kesha on C’mon as a huge Panda.

Just go on a trip around the world
But this year Ubisoft have managed to pack their latest game full of interesting extra modes. First and foremost is the World Dance Floor mode, which aims to bring the world together in dance harmony, or at least have them competing against each other in groups to beat online scores. it makes the game feel far more competitive and should have many players coming back to the this mode just to raise their profile.

Just become a director
Videos can be made using the Wii U camera on the pad, allowing for some...arty attempts at a music video before uploading them to the Just Dance video collection for all to see. The videos can be accessed, along with everyone else's around the world, from the game itself. Yes, I've made a few myself.

Just..in Bieber
If the thought of seeing my ‘special’ form of dancing isn’t enough, the On Stage Mode is another addition that adds something a little different to the game. Choosing a main player as the ‘star’, it gives them the spotlight and assigns backing dancers to the track to get that real stage feeling, if you don't find yourself stumbling into each other like an uncoordinated buffoon (just me, then?)

Just Sweat is back, too, as is the ability to play as a DJ using the Wii U Gamepad and choose both the moves and the song list, useful for those too shy or too tired to dance.

Just give me the score
Just Dance 2014 is one of those games that defies a score, but I'll give it one anyway. You'll know if you like it by watching the videos over at Ubisoft's Youtube page. Me? I'm off to strut my stuff some more.

8/10
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Tue 22/10/13 at 21:37
"possibly impossible"
The Just Dance series may have some sneering at the 'lazy' scoring system and the flighty controls, but Ubisoft have built up a big fanbase for the silhouetted, move pulling dance extravaganza and a new version is big news to the fans.

Just Start
For those yet to experience the highs of the world’s most crazy dancing game, it goes a little like this; You choose a song from the many varied tunes on offer, everything from the latest pop sensation like Get Lucky from Daft Punk to good old fashioned cheese like YMCA or oldies like I Will Survive, then a silhouetted figure (or figures) on screen acts out the moves, with you copying them. That’s pretty much it for the basics and it’s a formula that hasn’t really changes since the first Just Dance arrived on the Wii.,

Just listen
The track listing is, as always, highly important in a game like this and the team have managed to come up with a pretty good range of tracks here. The dances, though, seem to get weirder every year. Expect to be dancing the Macarena to Ghostbusters, throwing shapes with dancers dressed as fruit to In The Summer Time or get down with Kesha on C’mon as a huge Panda.

Just go on a trip around the world
But this year Ubisoft have managed to pack their latest game full of interesting extra modes. First and foremost is the World Dance Floor mode, which aims to bring the world together in dance harmony, or at least have them competing against each other in groups to beat online scores. it makes the game feel far more competitive and should have many players coming back to the this mode just to raise their profile.

Just become a director
Videos can be made using the Wii U camera on the pad, allowing for some...arty attempts at a music video before uploading them to the Just Dance video collection for all to see. The videos can be accessed, along with everyone else's around the world, from the game itself. Yes, I've made a few myself.

Just..in Bieber
If the thought of seeing my ‘special’ form of dancing isn’t enough, the On Stage Mode is another addition that adds something a little different to the game. Choosing a main player as the ‘star’, it gives them the spotlight and assigns backing dancers to the track to get that real stage feeling, if you don't find yourself stumbling into each other like an uncoordinated buffoon (just me, then?)

Just Sweat is back, too, as is the ability to play as a DJ using the Wii U Gamepad and choose both the moves and the song list, useful for those too shy or too tired to dance.

Just give me the score
Just Dance 2014 is one of those games that defies a score, but I'll give it one anyway. You'll know if you like it by watching the videos over at Ubisoft's Youtube page. Me? I'm off to strut my stuff some more.

8/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.