GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Microsoft To Support Xbox 360 For 3 More Years"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/09/13 at 11:50
Regular
"I like turtles"
Details here

Now I'm even less interested in the new one.
Wed 11/09/13 at 08:38
Regular
"I like turtles"
Sonic Chris wrote:
I guess they're the same people that pre-order CoD every year :-P

You rang! :P

Yep, that's me sign up for the same old shizzle year on year and that probably won't change as long as my mates and family members continue doing the same. Forgive me for not caring less about spending £400 odd to play it with a few extra pixels by myself though! Anyway the new COD looks amazing, not only does it look as though can you fire machine guns in space but I think it has dogs in it as well!
Tue 10/09/13 at 23:56
Regular
"How Ironic"
I guess they're the same people that pre-order CoD every year :-P

As for current gen support, I'd feel safer having a PS3 than an Xbox 360 at the moment. Look at the PS2, games are still released on that even now (FIFA 14 is being released on the PS2, PS3 and PS4 for example).
Tue 10/09/13 at 23:40
"possibly impossible"
Sonic Chris wrote:
I couldn't care less if Microsoft want to do constant 180 turns, nor would I bother to complain. I've never been a huge fan of Microsoft in all honesty. If people are happy to buy an Xbox One after the amount of changes Microsoft have already had to make before the console is even released, that's their prerogative. Ok Microsoft made the changes, well done them for realising how stupid those initial ideas were. But personally, I can't have that much faith in a company that makes that many errors in such a short amount of time, and continues running as though nothing happened.

I also can't ever recall a worse E3 launch.

And yet they completely turned it around at Gamescom, as can be witnessed by the mass preordering and having to allocate more consoles,

Both PS4 and Xbox One will be sold out at launch and I'm pretty sure there are going to be massive sales on the run up to Christmas. Both Sony and MS will support their old consoles, that should go without saying, but that statement was just to reassure those who weren't planning on upgrading.
Tue 10/09/13 at 20:11
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
"Round like a circle in a spiral
Like a wheel within a wheel
Never ending on beginning
On an ever-spinning reel..."

I agree totally with chas ... ;¬)
Tue 10/09/13 at 16:59
Regular
"How Ironic"
I couldn't care less if Microsoft want to do constant 180 turns, nor would I bother to complain. I've never been a huge fan of Microsoft in all honesty. If people are happy to buy an Xbox One after the amount of changes Microsoft have already had to make before the console is even released, that's their prerogative. Ok Microsoft made the changes, well done them for realising how stupid those initial ideas were. But personally, I can't have that much faith in a company that makes that many errors in such a short amount of time, and continues running as though nothing happened.

I also can't ever recall a worse E3 launch.
Tue 10/09/13 at 15:56
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Sonic Chris wrote:
*activates "Warhunt Mode"*

Can we get back to the topic of how many bad decisions Microsoft are making please?

*de-activate*

*prepares for stern telling off*

Is it Microsoft making the bad decisions, or are they being made by their potential "Audience"? Hard to tell.

And how was that off topic? Seems everyone but me views their phone as a "console", therefore an alternative to xbox, therefore relevant as comparison...

Plus, many of the so called "bad decisions" seem to revolve around things that PC gamers consider normality, and many of the negative comments surrounding the xbox relate to the styling.

Bad decisions? What, changing things? But didn't everyone jump up and down, moan and gripe about the changes planned for the next gen xbox until Ms decided to give in and produce a 360 clone? I'm sure that's what happened...

Here's the thing; stop complaining about changes, and things will change.

Please, don't bother reiterating the so called "problems" with what was planned for the new console. I did not, nor do I now, have any problems with what was planned. This is not ignorance, but rather acceptance that to gain in one area requires a bit of give in another.
Tue 10/09/13 at 15:02
Regular
"I like turtles"
After making most of their terrible decisions Microsoft did backtrack when they realised the paying Mr. J.Public looked set to avoid their new flagship machine in their droves (the Xbox 180 gags did make me laugh!). The press release for the Xbox One could not possibly have gone any worse for them, can't recall any games console ever receiving such a hostile reaction from the people you would have thought it should have won over (i.e. current Xbox owners). As previously mentioned I'm still quite happy with my 360 as are the vast majority of my mates and family members and they are the people I generally play against. Microsoft's decision to continue supporting it for the next few years is brilliant news IMO.
Tue 10/09/13 at 14:36
Regular
"How Ironic"
*activates "Warhunt Mode"*

Can we get back to the topic of how many bad decisions Microsoft are making please?

*de-activate*

*prepares for stern telling off*
Tue 10/09/13 at 11:14
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Actually, I am aware that Angry Birds isn't the only game for mobiles, I use it as an example only (funny how that works...). I did try other games, same result. Eyestrain. And I have a Samsung Note, couldn't get much bigger!

Phones are for phone calls, ask my dad...
Tue 10/09/13 at 10:25
"possibly impossible"
chasfh wrote:
I've had several consoles in my lifetime, now I own none.

I have a smart phone... I use it for phone calls, not gaming. Played "Angry Birds" for almost three hours, gave myself eyestrain, won't be doing it again (perhaps I'm just turning into my dad...).

...And my PC games are "supported" for as long as I decide.
System Shock 2, made in the 90's, still plays on my PC. And, yet, I run Rome 2 at extreme settings...

Oddly, my PC is also quieter than a console. It also looks exactly how I want it to, and when I get bored of it looking like that, I can change it.

Which suits you fine, but obviously everyone is different and has different tastes. Angry Birds certainly isn't the only mobile game out there and stuff like Asphalt 8 and the many great tower defence games (Kingdom Rush being my current favourite) that suit mobiles.

I don't see much difference in consoles and PC as a platform, once I've played a game I don't tend to go back, so generation and BC issues don't concern me, I'd rather have HD remakes where the development team have a chance of bringing classic games up to date. Sales on Steam are good, as are the weekly deals on XBL and sales on PSN, I have lots of digital games on all the formats. Some games work better on consoles or PC, too, depending on what format they were originally designed for and, of course, there's the exclusives.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.