GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rallisport Challenge"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/03/02 at 16:28
Regular
Who's getting this game?

Part rally, part arcade, 100% pure adrenaline!! This is how it is being rated, and I for one am very excited about it (a bit dramatic I know, but hell, it's weekend!!)

I have seen hundreds of pictures of it and several hi-res movies, and the graphics are absolutely stunning. No driving game (not even GT3) comes close in terms of overall realism. The ice-tracks at sunset have to be seen to be believed.

Behind all the graphical slendour lies a frighteningly fast arcade-style rally game, with enough variety to keep us all occupied for weeks. Apparently, the game gets rock hard later on too. This extends it's life-span, and if it is anything like SEGA Rally (and it is meant to be), we will be coming back to it to knock off a few hundredths off our fastest times!

With no graphical compromises or slowdown in 4 player mode, this game should rock!
Sun 10/03/02 at 17:07
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
I never said that 1/2pint, you made it up somewhere. I said IF I could afford it (which I can't) then I would get both.

HAHAHAHA - WRONG AGAIN. YOU ARE SO STUPID!!

Outlaw.
Sun 10/03/02 at 17:01
Regular
"¬_¬"
Like you can 'afford' an Xbox and 6 games for £280. yeeahhh....
Sun 10/03/02 at 16:55
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
If I could afford it I'd get both, but firstly PGR than very closely after Rallisport Challenge.

Outlaw.
Sun 10/03/02 at 13:22
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
Well, that depends on what style of racer you like. Rallisport Challenge will appeal more to the arcade racer fans, while PGR will appeal to those who like so spend more time skidding around corners on 2 wheels through city streets.

Graphically though, Rallisport Challenge is king!
Sat 09/03/02 at 19:39
Regular
"BOSE"
there's 1 racing game that tops Rally Sport Challenge. it's Project Gotham Racing :) it has more realism than ne other racing game ever created :)
Sat 09/03/02 at 19:17
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
The game does look amazing and with no real competition until V-Rally 3 and Colin McRae 3 it should have a clear path to dive into X-Boxers hearts. I saw a clip on Game Network and it looked like the camera swung a little too much - but this has probably been inroned out for the PAL release.

And I'll be getting it,
Outlaw.
Sat 09/03/02 at 16:28
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
Who's getting this game?

Part rally, part arcade, 100% pure adrenaline!! This is how it is being rated, and I for one am very excited about it (a bit dramatic I know, but hell, it's weekend!!)

I have seen hundreds of pictures of it and several hi-res movies, and the graphics are absolutely stunning. No driving game (not even GT3) comes close in terms of overall realism. The ice-tracks at sunset have to be seen to be believed.

Behind all the graphical slendour lies a frighteningly fast arcade-style rally game, with enough variety to keep us all occupied for weeks. Apparently, the game gets rock hard later on too. This extends it's life-span, and if it is anything like SEGA Rally (and it is meant to be), we will be coming back to it to knock off a few hundredths off our fastest times!

With no graphical compromises or slowdown in 4 player mode, this game should rock!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.