GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"visit the dreamcast forum"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/03/02 at 23:27
Regular
come to the dreamcast forum, if more people do not come to the site then they might close it down.
Mon 11/03/02 at 18:16
Regular
yeah there hav never been bad consoles, only ones that flop, some went down quicker than saturn did and no1 has ever haerd of em such as , nintendos virtua boy, tb16, and some hand held sega made in 1995 that was the eqivilant in power as the game boy asvance
Sun 10/03/02 at 22:43
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
TomUK wrote:

>I believe there are no 'bad' consoles in existance.

But my god there have been a couple in the past. ;-))

::cough:: Atari Jaguar ::cough::
Sun 10/03/02 at 20:15
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
You got me on that one Tequila Sunset the dreamcast was the first to feature pressure sensitive buttons (I forgot abou that, the shoulder buttons, e.t.c.). I actually think the dreamcast is/was a good console, and deserves a lot more credit and respect than what it got. I am in NO WAY badmouthing it.

My only point that I was making is that the PS2 is revolutionary. Unlike what Dark Child was saying.

I believe there are no 'bad' consoles in existance.
Sun 10/03/02 at 20:11
Regular
hello box is better than any of the other 3 in every way we all no that

so y dont we take are arguments about it to the other forums
Sun 10/03/02 at 19:57
Regular
"Unknown Legend"
TomUK wrote:

Which console was
> *first to be made in a week?:p

> first to include a DVD drive for bigger storage on games?

Which console was
> the first console to have a built in DVD movie player?

Which console was the
> first to be able to be played verticle or horizontal?
*any console really, they just didn't have stands
Which console was the
> first to have a mechanical DVD drive?
*oh wow
Which console was the first to use
> pressure sensitive buttons on the controller?
*Dreamcast- nyah
And there's more, but this is
> the Xbox forum, so I'll stop now.
Thankyou.
Sun 10/03/02 at 17:36
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
which consoles dvd player had to be upgraded at the last minit coz all the images were in green, which console forces you to buy a regon x disk before u can use its dvd player

THATS RIGHT NONE OF THEM!
----
The PS2 doesn't need Region X to play DVDs. Region X just makes the PS2 into a multiregion dvd player. The DVD drves weren't changed because of green screen. It eas intentionally added by Sony to stop the pirating of DVDs. The green screen only springs into action when an RGB cable is used. Sony NEVER changed/upgraded anything to do with the DVD player. Region X can also stop this green screen.

Oh, and I was mearly arguing with you when you said the PS2 had no originality. It quite clearly does.

'Nuff said.
Sun 10/03/02 at 17:23
Regular
ok then if i must say more outlaw and tom uk

which consoles dvd player had to be upgraded at the last minit coz all the images were in green, which console forces you to buy a regon x disk before u can use its dvd player
THATS RIGHT THE PLAYSTATION2

and dont tell me that its better than not having a dvd player because dreamcast had a modem and internet access that wokred without having to buy a region x cd and worked perfectly first time

oh and dont tell me u can use a pc for that coz guess what u can use pcs, dvds, even in car flatscreens for dvds

i rest my case
Sun 10/03/02 at 17:13
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
dark child wrote:
> (need i say more tom uk)
---

Yes.

Outlaw.
Sun 10/03/02 at 11:00
Regular
ok tomuk if u like ps2 so much

which was the first console to have online gameing as standard,

which was the first console to let you go on the internet

whoich was the first 128 bit console

which was the only console to have a memory card that had its own mini screen and speaker for mini games

which Console came out ages before ps2,

(need i say more tom uk)
anyway y wud i buy a ps2 when i can wait a year or so and download an emulator for it and use my pc dvd drive to play the games, u cant do that wiv dreamcast coz the games are on gd roms not cds or dvds (which is anoying but hey)

anyway y r we arguing aout this x box is better than ps2 and dreamcast combined isnt it so lets think less of them and more of box ok
Sat 09/03/02 at 23:13
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
dark child wrote:
revolutionary when it came out (unline ps2)
----

I'll take it you meant "unlike PS2". In which case:

Which console was first to include a DVD drive for bigger storage on games?

Which console was the first console to have a built in DVD movie player?

Which console was the first to be able to be played verticle or horizontal?

Which console was the first to have a mechanical DVD drive?

Which console was the first to use pressure sensitive buttons on the controller?

And there's more, but this is the Xbox forum, so I'll stop now.
Thankyou.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.