GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Detective"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/09/07 at 20:46
Regular
There he was, again. He was down in his mate’s cellar. Poker chips lay scattered all over the dark pine wood table and next to all the mess lay four more pints of beer, two ash trays and piles of cash everywhere. The clock struck one AM. The dark tall figure stepped up and walked away from the table. Dressed in a button up shirt with the top button missing, normal casual type trousers, black leather shoes and up in the clouds of smoke he wore a dark brown hat. His leather jacket was dirty and all the rest of his clothes stunk of fumes from all the cigars. He muffled some words to the other guys who were all roaring with laughter around the table. No one had really heard him, so he just turned his head and walked up the steps that lead into the streets. He entered the crowded streets of Las Vegas and continued walking to his home. It seemed like the beer had taken affect very fast on Mr. Adams. He cursed a couple of times and muttered at the bottom of his voice “Lousy, stinkin beer! It’s your fault I still aint a bl***y officer.” He threw the bottle down onto the path. He turned down a dark alley way, whilst still kicking some big shards of the glass and then pulled some keys out of his pocket. He opened the door to number 37.
Dirty clothes, newspapers, empty food packets and crumbs were everywhere. He stumbled a bit, managed to keep on his feet and reached his right arm out to pull the chord to the light. CLICK. There was light. He hung his hat on the corner of a door which two seconds later had fallen off and he then walked into another room. There was a desk with and old packet of cigars, magazines, more, moldy food and in the top right hand corner of the room, the hardest thing to miss spotting, was an RV6 Revolver.
He blew the dust off a magazine and scanned the first few pages with his eyes. He stumbled over yet again, but this time, on his way back up he picked up a collection of old CD’s. He quickly put a song on. It was the James Bond theme tune. He grasped the gun in both hands and strutted some moves but all of a sudden the song came to a pause, then a loud crackling noise and then it stopped. He left the revolver next to an open window and then he toppled back into his desk chair and nodded off from the vast amount of beer he had consumed. But was leaving the gun next to the open window, a big mistake?
He woke up the next day, not remembering where he was or even how he had got there. He slowly stretched his arms and yawned whilst he stood up from the chair. He walked to the coat hook on the back of the door and picked up his leather jacket, whilst at the same time reaching into his pocket, looking for his revolver. “What? It’s gone!” he screamed. He twisted his neck ninety degrees so he was staring straight out of the window. Flashbacks flew through his mind. What’s happened to the gun and where was it? Suddenly, there was a loud knock at the door. The shock of it almost killed Mr. Adams. A tall slim figure, stepped into the room. “Hi there.” She said,
“Hi, who are you?” replied Mr. Adams
“I’m Mae. Sorry if I startled you. You see Mr. Adams……..”
“Wait a minute, how do you know my name?”
“The sign on the door says quite clearly, Mr. Adams”
“Oh yes, sorry dear, how stupid of me. Please, continue”
“Well you see Mr. Adams, I need your help. Last night my husband was murdered in the street outside his apartments.” Mr. Adams spotted a slight tear running down her cheek.
He said “Oh gosh, I’m dreadfully sorry.”
In a strangled voice she tried to compose herself and replied “Oh no, It’s all right. Anyway, a friend of mine recommended your name to me, as a good detective, and I had hoped that you could help me solve my husband’s murder….”
After a pause, Mr. Adams said “Is there anything in this for me?” in a puzzled tone.
“Yes, I have plenty money in my purse, but the question is, whether you wish to accept or not.”
“Huh, yes mam! I think I do” Mr. Adams suddenly remembered that any money was needed right now.
“ Right. I found some odd things out recently which I never knew before. Do you think these will be of any use to you?”
“Yeah, certainly” replied Mr. Adams and he swiftly went on to ask “Coffee?”
“Oh, yes please. I take mine white, with two sugars.” They both sat down and started chatting again. “So, you said you found some clues which may be of some use to me?”
“Yes. Well firstly when they searched Norden’s body they found some white powder. I’m not quite sure what it was, but I thought maybe it was some sort of drug.”
“It most probably was drugs, but I need more information.” Mae went on to say “And recently, I found that fifty thousand dollars had been cashed into my husbands account. Then there was the weird message on our home answer phone that someone had left, saying to go and see M? Then I found that two tickets had been booked under Norden’s name, to go to Rio. His brother has recently been released from prison, in this same area.”
“Ah, I think this may be getting somewhere”
“Really?” she asked in an excited voice.
“Yes. Really. What I’m thinking, and I may be wrong, is that Norden may have been involved in a serious smuggling organization. The white powder that you mentioned, do you know what it was?”
She apologized “Err no, sorry I don’t.”
“I think it may have been cocaine or some other drug, which they have smuggled into the country and have then sold on. The person who called, what’s their name again?”
“M.”
“Ah yes. Well maybe that was your husband’s brother, the one that has recently been released from prison, and is the one that left the message on your phone. That’s where the fifty thousand K has come from. They both then went and booked two tickets to Rio, as they suspected they would be caught soon. Although they planned it well, I’m not so sure that they got on very well. These are only my views, but I’m usually pretty good. I think his brother wanted his share of the money but Norden insisted that it stayed in his account. M then left the message, planning to meet him outside his apartment and then before he knew what was coming, he had been shot between the eyes, dead.” At this point, Mae gasped and said “No! Really, his brother?”
“Indeed madam,” He finished. “I suggest you ask your husband’s brother why he was sentenced to jail in the first place and then report back to me”
“Ok. Il do just that”
“Oh before you go, do you know what gun was used to kill Norden?”
“Yeah, the police told me it was an RV6 Revolver whatever that is? God knows where he got it from.”
Mr. Adams almost fainted. The blood seemed to drain from his face leaving him a ghastly shade of pale white.
“I had best be off. Wait a minute, are you feeling ok, you don’t look very well?” said Mae
In a whispered tone he said “What have I done?”
X X X X X X
There he was, back in his mate’s cellar. Same time, same place, same clothes except this time, something happened on the way home. There were two men at the end of the path. He walked past them and suddenly one of the men, swung his fist, right into Mr. Adam’s head. He then leant over him and whispered in his ear “Oi pr*ck. Ive heard that you’re the guy holding this case up with my mate M aint ya? Well I’ll tell you one thing mate” he roared “If you don’t close this case, you’re gonna be screwed as well. Got it?” Mr. Adams received yet another blow to the head, and this one knocked him unconscious. When Mr. Adams finally became conscious, he was so furious that he couldn’t let the case go. He knew what he had to do.
X X X X X
“How did ya know it were me?” Asked M
“Well I listened to your message you left on Norden’s home phone, and then found out that the white substance found in Norden’s pocket was indeed drugs. Then I managed to link the fact that the tickets that had been booked to Rio were for the both of you and the fifty thousand dollars that had recently been cashed into Norden’s bank account, were from the drugs. When Norden did get to the place you arranged to meet him at, we found that you were the only one who knew where he was.”
“And the gun?” He asked in a puzzled voice
“Well, that revolver was actually mine! You stole it from my window”
“Damn it. What were the odds of someone making sense of all those facts and finding out the gun was actually yours?”
“Well that’s my job….”

I wrote this for some homework at school. But thought I would share it with you guys.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Wed 26/09/07 at 20:46
Regular
There he was, again. He was down in his mate’s cellar. Poker chips lay scattered all over the dark pine wood table and next to all the mess lay four more pints of beer, two ash trays and piles of cash everywhere. The clock struck one AM. The dark tall figure stepped up and walked away from the table. Dressed in a button up shirt with the top button missing, normal casual type trousers, black leather shoes and up in the clouds of smoke he wore a dark brown hat. His leather jacket was dirty and all the rest of his clothes stunk of fumes from all the cigars. He muffled some words to the other guys who were all roaring with laughter around the table. No one had really heard him, so he just turned his head and walked up the steps that lead into the streets. He entered the crowded streets of Las Vegas and continued walking to his home. It seemed like the beer had taken affect very fast on Mr. Adams. He cursed a couple of times and muttered at the bottom of his voice “Lousy, stinkin beer! It’s your fault I still aint a bl***y officer.” He threw the bottle down onto the path. He turned down a dark alley way, whilst still kicking some big shards of the glass and then pulled some keys out of his pocket. He opened the door to number 37.
Dirty clothes, newspapers, empty food packets and crumbs were everywhere. He stumbled a bit, managed to keep on his feet and reached his right arm out to pull the chord to the light. CLICK. There was light. He hung his hat on the corner of a door which two seconds later had fallen off and he then walked into another room. There was a desk with and old packet of cigars, magazines, more, moldy food and in the top right hand corner of the room, the hardest thing to miss spotting, was an RV6 Revolver.
He blew the dust off a magazine and scanned the first few pages with his eyes. He stumbled over yet again, but this time, on his way back up he picked up a collection of old CD’s. He quickly put a song on. It was the James Bond theme tune. He grasped the gun in both hands and strutted some moves but all of a sudden the song came to a pause, then a loud crackling noise and then it stopped. He left the revolver next to an open window and then he toppled back into his desk chair and nodded off from the vast amount of beer he had consumed. But was leaving the gun next to the open window, a big mistake?
He woke up the next day, not remembering where he was or even how he had got there. He slowly stretched his arms and yawned whilst he stood up from the chair. He walked to the coat hook on the back of the door and picked up his leather jacket, whilst at the same time reaching into his pocket, looking for his revolver. “What? It’s gone!” he screamed. He twisted his neck ninety degrees so he was staring straight out of the window. Flashbacks flew through his mind. What’s happened to the gun and where was it? Suddenly, there was a loud knock at the door. The shock of it almost killed Mr. Adams. A tall slim figure, stepped into the room. “Hi there.” She said,
“Hi, who are you?” replied Mr. Adams
“I’m Mae. Sorry if I startled you. You see Mr. Adams……..”
“Wait a minute, how do you know my name?”
“The sign on the door says quite clearly, Mr. Adams”
“Oh yes, sorry dear, how stupid of me. Please, continue”
“Well you see Mr. Adams, I need your help. Last night my husband was murdered in the street outside his apartments.” Mr. Adams spotted a slight tear running down her cheek.
He said “Oh gosh, I’m dreadfully sorry.”
In a strangled voice she tried to compose herself and replied “Oh no, It’s all right. Anyway, a friend of mine recommended your name to me, as a good detective, and I had hoped that you could help me solve my husband’s murder….”
After a pause, Mr. Adams said “Is there anything in this for me?” in a puzzled tone.
“Yes, I have plenty money in my purse, but the question is, whether you wish to accept or not.”
“Huh, yes mam! I think I do” Mr. Adams suddenly remembered that any money was needed right now.
“ Right. I found some odd things out recently which I never knew before. Do you think these will be of any use to you?”
“Yeah, certainly” replied Mr. Adams and he swiftly went on to ask “Coffee?”
“Oh, yes please. I take mine white, with two sugars.” They both sat down and started chatting again. “So, you said you found some clues which may be of some use to me?”
“Yes. Well firstly when they searched Norden’s body they found some white powder. I’m not quite sure what it was, but I thought maybe it was some sort of drug.”
“It most probably was drugs, but I need more information.” Mae went on to say “And recently, I found that fifty thousand dollars had been cashed into my husbands account. Then there was the weird message on our home answer phone that someone had left, saying to go and see M? Then I found that two tickets had been booked under Norden’s name, to go to Rio. His brother has recently been released from prison, in this same area.”
“Ah, I think this may be getting somewhere”
“Really?” she asked in an excited voice.
“Yes. Really. What I’m thinking, and I may be wrong, is that Norden may have been involved in a serious smuggling organization. The white powder that you mentioned, do you know what it was?”
She apologized “Err no, sorry I don’t.”
“I think it may have been cocaine or some other drug, which they have smuggled into the country and have then sold on. The person who called, what’s their name again?”
“M.”
“Ah yes. Well maybe that was your husband’s brother, the one that has recently been released from prison, and is the one that left the message on your phone. That’s where the fifty thousand K has come from. They both then went and booked two tickets to Rio, as they suspected they would be caught soon. Although they planned it well, I’m not so sure that they got on very well. These are only my views, but I’m usually pretty good. I think his brother wanted his share of the money but Norden insisted that it stayed in his account. M then left the message, planning to meet him outside his apartment and then before he knew what was coming, he had been shot between the eyes, dead.” At this point, Mae gasped and said “No! Really, his brother?”
“Indeed madam,” He finished. “I suggest you ask your husband’s brother why he was sentenced to jail in the first place and then report back to me”
“Ok. Il do just that”
“Oh before you go, do you know what gun was used to kill Norden?”
“Yeah, the police told me it was an RV6 Revolver whatever that is? God knows where he got it from.”
Mr. Adams almost fainted. The blood seemed to drain from his face leaving him a ghastly shade of pale white.
“I had best be off. Wait a minute, are you feeling ok, you don’t look very well?” said Mae
In a whispered tone he said “What have I done?”
X X X X X X
There he was, back in his mate’s cellar. Same time, same place, same clothes except this time, something happened on the way home. There were two men at the end of the path. He walked past them and suddenly one of the men, swung his fist, right into Mr. Adam’s head. He then leant over him and whispered in his ear “Oi pr*ck. Ive heard that you’re the guy holding this case up with my mate M aint ya? Well I’ll tell you one thing mate” he roared “If you don’t close this case, you’re gonna be screwed as well. Got it?” Mr. Adams received yet another blow to the head, and this one knocked him unconscious. When Mr. Adams finally became conscious, he was so furious that he couldn’t let the case go. He knew what he had to do.
X X X X X
“How did ya know it were me?” Asked M
“Well I listened to your message you left on Norden’s home phone, and then found out that the white substance found in Norden’s pocket was indeed drugs. Then I managed to link the fact that the tickets that had been booked to Rio were for the both of you and the fifty thousand dollars that had recently been cashed into Norden’s bank account, were from the drugs. When Norden did get to the place you arranged to meet him at, we found that you were the only one who knew where he was.”
“And the gun?” He asked in a puzzled voice
“Well, that revolver was actually mine! You stole it from my window”
“Damn it. What were the odds of someone making sense of all those facts and finding out the gun was actually yours?”
“Well that’s my job….”

I wrote this for some homework at school. But thought I would share it with you guys.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.