GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Transferred Domain Name but no Web Pages appearing"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/03/13 at 12:49
Regular
Hi,

I have just transferred a domain name away from 123reg.co.uk to the VIP hosting package and although my domain name is now appearing on my account, the website files are not available.

Is there a time limit before the files are available for me to download?

The website is still online but I cant access my files.
Sat 16/03/13 at 13:16
"Are you sure?"
Hi VikingBuzz,
It looks like you've made your move in the wrong order :¬(

If your previous hosts aren't able to retrieve any content for you all I can suggest is that you quickly save the few pages that Google has cached so you don't have to start completely from scratch.

I had a quick look and unfortunately can't see any copies on The Way Back Machine (archive.org).

I see there's also a 'Google sites' version of this website but it looks very old? But the gallery does have some images which may be of use?

As you mention you lost all your data recently don't forget to download and save all of your other sites before you have more problems like this!

Finally here's an old post of mine about data backups:
Keep taking the backups

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 16/03/13 at 13:15
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
vikingbuzz wrote:
Hi DL

Unfortunately my laptop suffered for the BSOD and I had to have a new hard drive put in so I lost all my websites.

Krista

Oh dear Krista :¬( That is very unfortunate and unless you have actually got a back-up somewhere on a zip drive or whatever, then you may need to start again. As Dean said earlier, your original host may be able to provide a copy but I doubt it.
Sat 16/03/13 at 13:00
Regular
Hi DL

Unfortunately my laptop suffered for the BSOD and I had to have a new hard drive put in so I lost all my websites.

Krista
Fri 15/03/13 at 13:50
Staff Moderator
"Mr Dean"
To avoid downtime, we usually suggest obtaining a copy of your website files before moving across, however if you contact your previous supplier they may be able to provide these to you. Otherwise as DL said, if you originally created the website, you may still have a copy of the website files on the PC that it was created on.
Fri 15/03/13 at 13:35
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
vikingbuzz wrote:
Should I have copied it first??? oh dear..

Hi vikingbuzz and welcome to the forums ...

If you uploaded the files to your original hosted site, then you have the files stored locally on your PC ... or don't you?
Fri 15/03/13 at 13:12
Regular
Hi Mr Dean,

The website is here www.theoaktiptree.co.uk, how do I get a copy of it as now I have transferred from 123reg, they dont list the website.

Should I have copied it first??? oh dear..
Fri 15/03/13 at 13:05
Staff Moderator
"Mr Dean"
Hi vikingbuzz,

If your domain name has been transferred to Freeola and you have signed up for the VIP Hosting service, your website will not automatially be copied across from your previous supplier.

For your website to appear online, you would need to obtain a copy of your website, then upload the files to your VIP Hosting.

Once you have your files, for help uploading, the link below should take you to the guide on the Freeola website for uploading using FileZilla.

FileZilla Guide
Fri 15/03/13 at 12:49
Regular
Hi,

I have just transferred a domain name away from 123reg.co.uk to the VIP hosting package and although my domain name is now appearing on my account, the website files are not available.

Is there a time limit before the files are available for me to download?

The website is still online but I cant access my files.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.