GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Backlog Challenge"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/08/12 at 15:29
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
Backlogs. Not everyone has them, some people are patient enough to finish with something before they go onto the next shiny new thing. I was once like this...but not anymore, it would seem.

I find myself literally inundated with titles, young and old, that are left either untouched or unfinished. All self-inflicted, through the thought of "I'll not see that cheaper anywhere else for a long time", and through loss of concentration on heavily story-based titles when going to the more pick-up-and-play style sports titles.

Well, if I'm honest, I'm sick to death of mine. Looking up at the rack of games behind me, cellophane sparkling from games that I've owned for over a year. Money unwisely spent - I am determined for that to not be the case.

I've decided to do something about it. Last week, I took the cover off of Bayonetta, and I'm currently kicking and gunning my way through it. One of many, I am hoping, to finish.

With my PhD starting merely one month from now (near enough), and as we head out of the summer abyss into the typically fruitful fall season, I want to see how much I can whittle the list down. I almost can't bare to buy another title with the queue it will enter, and no doubt cut.

So here we are, my self-imposed challenge.

Arbitrary rules and regulations:

Story mode only is required for a game to be "completed", any completionist stuff may be attempted, but is not deemed necessary
Games can be added to the list at any time, due to purchase or through offer from Playstation Plus, but can not be removed at any time

Date of the end of the challenge is the 10th of September 2012

Games completed [1]:
Bayonetta

Listed Backlog [11]:
Mass Effect 3
Just Cause 2
SSX
Child of Eden
LA Noire DLC
Red Dead Redemption DLC
Max Payne 3
Batman: Arkham Asylum
inFamous 2
Duke Nukem: Forever
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem

I'll try and keep people informed of where I am, and how I'm doing as I go along. Back to Bayonetta

Update: Bayonetta finished, onto something else :P
Tue 21/08/12 at 16:08
Regular
"How Ironic"
I'm a person who never usually finishes games. The only game I can remember completely finishing is Hitman Blood Money (including Requiem).
Fri 17/08/12 at 21:45
"possibly impossible"
Too many to list, but I've got through at least 3 new games since the family went off to Spain, so that's 3 out of thr way.

Even with them away I still haven't found a lot of time to play.
Fri 10/08/12 at 22:00
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
A full story of the development would be very interesting to read, I will admit, much more interesting than the game is to play...
Fri 10/08/12 at 20:43
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Duke Nukem Forever is by far a more interesting piece of history then it is a game. I doubt we'll ever hear the full story of exactly what happened in its development and all the iterations it went through but it would be absolutely fascinating to me at least.
Fri 10/08/12 at 18:15
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
Believe me, I couldn't be bothered to write the full one :P They are just the ones that I would quite like doing/starting/finishing. It also doesn't include any "completionist" stuff. I was just trying to make the challenge a bit more manageable, hence removing stuff like Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Yakuza 3, NIER, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Darksiders...the stuff with quite big time investments that would be unrealistic to finish in a month when I have other things to do ;)

Incidentally, Duke Nukem Forever is one of the dullest, most boring pieces of fecal matter I have ever had to misfortune of playing. At least stuff like Terminator Salvation had some redeeming features...I have yet to encounter one yet...

...Dr. Who was better, and I despised that as a game.
Fri 10/08/12 at 17:09
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
You call that a backlog? My 360 list is well over 100 as it stands and then I have PS3, Wii, DS, 3DS, PC and whatever else to add to that. :D
Fri 10/08/12 at 15:29
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
Backlogs. Not everyone has them, some people are patient enough to finish with something before they go onto the next shiny new thing. I was once like this...but not anymore, it would seem.

I find myself literally inundated with titles, young and old, that are left either untouched or unfinished. All self-inflicted, through the thought of "I'll not see that cheaper anywhere else for a long time", and through loss of concentration on heavily story-based titles when going to the more pick-up-and-play style sports titles.

Well, if I'm honest, I'm sick to death of mine. Looking up at the rack of games behind me, cellophane sparkling from games that I've owned for over a year. Money unwisely spent - I am determined for that to not be the case.

I've decided to do something about it. Last week, I took the cover off of Bayonetta, and I'm currently kicking and gunning my way through it. One of many, I am hoping, to finish.

With my PhD starting merely one month from now (near enough), and as we head out of the summer abyss into the typically fruitful fall season, I want to see how much I can whittle the list down. I almost can't bare to buy another title with the queue it will enter, and no doubt cut.

So here we are, my self-imposed challenge.

Arbitrary rules and regulations:

Story mode only is required for a game to be "completed", any completionist stuff may be attempted, but is not deemed necessary
Games can be added to the list at any time, due to purchase or through offer from Playstation Plus, but can not be removed at any time

Date of the end of the challenge is the 10th of September 2012

Games completed [1]:
Bayonetta

Listed Backlog [11]:
Mass Effect 3
Just Cause 2
SSX
Child of Eden
LA Noire DLC
Red Dead Redemption DLC
Max Payne 3
Batman: Arkham Asylum
inFamous 2
Duke Nukem: Forever
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem

I'll try and keep people informed of where I am, and how I'm doing as I go along. Back to Bayonetta

Update: Bayonetta finished, onto something else :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.