GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Unforgiven PPV Review"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/09/07 at 14:51
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Figured i'd bring the old ppv reviews out the mothballs because i'm extremely bored until the Poker tournament starts in a bit. Anyway here is my thoughtstream on last night's latest pitiful effort from the WWE, easy on the second W, even easier on the E please.

Did Burke even get an entrance? A "world" title match starting off the show is bad enough but one where the challenger is already in the ring when the show starts? That just shows where ECW is on the pecking order. Average match and another Punk match that seemed to end abruptly, if only they let Punk go back to his ROH style then he'd be putting on matches that steal the show. (Though he'd need at least 30 minutes each time :-D)

MVP/Hardy tag match was pretty much what i thought it would be, same partners that hate each other trying to one up each other formula which has been ran into the ground. Hardy doing the Ballin' elbow drop with all the grace and finesse only a white guy can manage was amusing though.

HHH in his true spot on the card where he should be. Makes Carlito look pathetic by no selling everything as he hits his talent suppressor, sorry Pedigree, to get the obvious win. Standard HHH comeback win, usually he saves those for wrestlers that have been given a push and thus such insolence must be quashed but i guess this time he just took offence to Carlito's new haircut. Trips looks really strange in his non puffy look and having huge creases in his forehead. Drop the steroids and get some botox lad.

Women's match was standard crapfest that i come to expect whenever there's a match that has "vs Candice" in it. Phoenix tries her best but Candice's awfulness eventually overcomes her to get the win. Wrong decision but again the wwe women's belt is so worthless right now i'm past caring.

Triple threat was as horrible as expected, unfortunately Rey couldn't make it and Hornswoggle's mexican cousin showed up instead......what?......oh ok my bad. When did triple threat's become immune to DQ's anyway? Rey waffled Khali right in the butt cheeks with a vicious chair shot and Cole came up with the revelation that that's legal in triple threat's, oh reallllllly? Thankfully the belt's off Khali and hopefully will stay off him as the biggest choke artist in wrestling manages to get the belt on about his thousandth try. Not exactly a great exchange but even Botchtista is better than Khali.

Other tag match was ok though the White Jesus and Kendrick seemed a little off for some reason. Nothing to write home about again, you've seen one of these matches then you've seen them all.

I guess the Cena match makes sense from a booking point of view however a 7 minute odd title match on a PPV is pretty pathetic, either way both of them suck harder than a black hole so whatever. Though it was funny how i switched off it to check the baseball score and then came back 2 minutes in and shock horror the man of a million head holds had a chin lock on.

Now i know why Taker was on last, so he could do all the usual boring 2 cent style theatrics of an entrance, but having this ahead of 2 world title matches (i won't include ECW seeing as Vince himself seems only half bothered to) is a joke, even if those matches do include the likes of Orton and Khali. I don't think there's a more over-rated lazy worker in the business than Taker, he only seems bothered whenever he's holding the title or going for it but then again i doubt i could motivate myself for a match with Henry, the crowd sure as hell couldn't. Standard slow lazy lumberfest with the usual Taker no selling and eventual slaying of the "monster" that got old ages ago. Taker vs Batista next it seems, i hope i can contain my excitement...................ah yea just about, phew.

I give Unforgiven - 4 and a half Great Khali's
Wed 19/09/07 at 19:20
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
Sounds like the PPV of the year to me....

Forgive me, I haven't watched "wrestling" since I posted on these forums last: So basically all the talent are either opening the show or have been fired/suspended for being druggies?
Mon 17/09/07 at 14:51
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Figured i'd bring the old ppv reviews out the mothballs because i'm extremely bored until the Poker tournament starts in a bit. Anyway here is my thoughtstream on last night's latest pitiful effort from the WWE, easy on the second W, even easier on the E please.

Did Burke even get an entrance? A "world" title match starting off the show is bad enough but one where the challenger is already in the ring when the show starts? That just shows where ECW is on the pecking order. Average match and another Punk match that seemed to end abruptly, if only they let Punk go back to his ROH style then he'd be putting on matches that steal the show. (Though he'd need at least 30 minutes each time :-D)

MVP/Hardy tag match was pretty much what i thought it would be, same partners that hate each other trying to one up each other formula which has been ran into the ground. Hardy doing the Ballin' elbow drop with all the grace and finesse only a white guy can manage was amusing though.

HHH in his true spot on the card where he should be. Makes Carlito look pathetic by no selling everything as he hits his talent suppressor, sorry Pedigree, to get the obvious win. Standard HHH comeback win, usually he saves those for wrestlers that have been given a push and thus such insolence must be quashed but i guess this time he just took offence to Carlito's new haircut. Trips looks really strange in his non puffy look and having huge creases in his forehead. Drop the steroids and get some botox lad.

Women's match was standard crapfest that i come to expect whenever there's a match that has "vs Candice" in it. Phoenix tries her best but Candice's awfulness eventually overcomes her to get the win. Wrong decision but again the wwe women's belt is so worthless right now i'm past caring.

Triple threat was as horrible as expected, unfortunately Rey couldn't make it and Hornswoggle's mexican cousin showed up instead......what?......oh ok my bad. When did triple threat's become immune to DQ's anyway? Rey waffled Khali right in the butt cheeks with a vicious chair shot and Cole came up with the revelation that that's legal in triple threat's, oh reallllllly? Thankfully the belt's off Khali and hopefully will stay off him as the biggest choke artist in wrestling manages to get the belt on about his thousandth try. Not exactly a great exchange but even Botchtista is better than Khali.

Other tag match was ok though the White Jesus and Kendrick seemed a little off for some reason. Nothing to write home about again, you've seen one of these matches then you've seen them all.

I guess the Cena match makes sense from a booking point of view however a 7 minute odd title match on a PPV is pretty pathetic, either way both of them suck harder than a black hole so whatever. Though it was funny how i switched off it to check the baseball score and then came back 2 minutes in and shock horror the man of a million head holds had a chin lock on.

Now i know why Taker was on last, so he could do all the usual boring 2 cent style theatrics of an entrance, but having this ahead of 2 world title matches (i won't include ECW seeing as Vince himself seems only half bothered to) is a joke, even if those matches do include the likes of Orton and Khali. I don't think there's a more over-rated lazy worker in the business than Taker, he only seems bothered whenever he's holding the title or going for it but then again i doubt i could motivate myself for a match with Henry, the crowd sure as hell couldn't. Standard slow lazy lumberfest with the usual Taker no selling and eventual slaying of the "monster" that got old ages ago. Taker vs Batista next it seems, i hope i can contain my excitement...................ah yea just about, phew.

I give Unforgiven - 4 and a half Great Khali's

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.