GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"About me"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/02/02 at 19:51
Regular
My name is Mark Jones, I am 15 years old and I live in London, or more specifically Sutton. I enjoy playing basketball, playing games and talking a load of "ahem". Anyways, what I am writing this post for is to give you an insight into my personality, my strange way of posting and my curious obsession with the internet. Here goes...

M+J=Me, I like to be called MJ. Now for some reason my friends call me Mark. Why can't they call me MJ? I try to get them to but they won't. You guys do, mainly because thats how you know me. Thats cool. Talking online is a satisfying thing for me (no comments please). I can escape my body and be who I want to be in a weird way. Now I am a very nervous person in the real world. I wouldn't say half the things I do on the net. BEing a character on the net if you will is a great way for me to express myself. It gives me a chance to have no conscience so to speak. What I say will be directed at someone, but even if its harsh no one will be offended due to them not having a contact with me other than letters on their screen, or in some of your cases a voice. Talking online gives me a chance to be who I want to be and act how I like.

Some people find me annoying, fair play. Recently someone described me as misunderstood. I liked that because thats exactly how I feel. I am misunderstood by my friends. Most of the time I am insulted by them, nice friends. I am misunderstood by my parents and teachers. They think I enjoy learning and its easy for me. That isn't true. I have a hard time at school for certain reasons and learning is something I despise. Great expectations can be placed upon me, I don't want to let people down so I stretch myself as far as I can often making me feel depressed. Not wanting to go on passed my mind a lot last year. I got extremely depressed due to school and girl problems. If you spoke to me on MSN a few months ago you can probably tell the difference. Recently I have been much happier. BEing misunderstood can be a bit painful.

My hobbies aren't seen as important by the people around me. I enjoy online gaming and I do it for long lengths of time. My parents hate me doing it, my friends ridicule me for doing it. Most people insult me for how long I am on the net. I have trouble accepting this. I don't go around taking the p**s out of people who play football a lot, I accept that its their hobby and let them go on about it. But when it comes to people who like computers I always find it is different. "ooh, your a computer geek" "get a life you saddact". Just a few of the things I hear, however they don't say it to my face. They do it through my means of enjoyment, the internet. Recently all of my friends have got MSN and start talking rubbish to me. I block them. This makes them angry and I get problems at school over it and that just makes me feel sad for how shallow they are.

As I said I enjoy online games. Around October I got Cable internet and Sniper told me to get Tactical Ops. I downloaded it and installed it right away. I liked it. I wasn't addicted though. As I got better I joined a few clans, my second being 2nd in the world. SInce then I have been in the 8th best in the world and now I have finally found a home in [UKČ]. I have had the chance to play games with many people, talked to people I would never have done before, many different cultures, age groups and nationality. I take a great sense of pride in playing TO. I am trialling for the UK squad as we speak and this hasn't gone down well with some people I know. They see it as stupid as I sit at home playing games with people I don't "know". I do know these people. BEcause I speak to them over the net I know them inside out. People open up on the net as I mentioned about myself. You can say what you want. Some may make a new identity, but its an identity what makes them who they are and I don't mind.

Dance Music... I absolutely love dance music. Old school, house, its all good. My friend Sam got me into it a while back. In our school everyone listens to UK garage... very strange people. Dance is seen in a bad light. Beats and bass thats all people see. Dance can be a wonderful genre of music in my opinion. You can get chillout for those calming out periods, but you can also get some serious hard house for when you go out to a club. Its very flexible and I think its great. Music and games brought me and my mate Sam together, but recently I feel we have drifted apart. He made friends with someone I have known for a while and along with some of my other friends I tend to get shoved away. They laugh at my love of the computer and having good friends do this hurts ever so much more. But music brings us together again. Its something that we can both relate to and I like talking to him about it. Were friends, but not in the same way as we used to be.

Now I doubt many of you bothered to read that drivel, but if you did I just want to say thanks. I just felt the need to say what I am thinking in a weird way. Emotional? It wasn't. Intellectual? It wasn't. Misunderstood? It will be.
Sun 10/02/02 at 11:25
Regular
Testify!
Sun 10/02/02 at 11:19
Regular
Stryke wrote:
> Alright, MJ, you fight the fight brother!

Umm, yeesss.
Sun 10/02/02 at 11:12
Regular
Alright, MJ, you fight the fight brother!
Sun 10/02/02 at 11:09
Regular
A day, level 5 or 6... levels 1 and 2 took about 30 minutes to do one a reasonable difficulty... the levels massive or something? ;p
Sun 10/02/02 at 10:33
Regular
""
People know my personal details, do I care? PLuh, god no. Not like I gave them my address is it. I know basically everyone here anyway.

Only prob with that is... with me I'm the only person with my first name and surname together so it's a bit awkward! I only give my age and rough location. My rule.
Sun 10/02/02 at 10:21
Regular
"Shermer, Illinois?"
*[SR]*MJswerve wrote:
> Mr. Nice Guy wrote:

You go, girl!!!

Calling me a girl now Tom? Well at
> least I am not stuck on level 2 of Soldier of Fortune :D You still stuck? I will
> get the demo tomorrow morning and tell you what you have to do, stupidly obvious
> how to get to the nukes if I remember rightly.

In about a day of gameplay I got to level 5 or 6, and yes, the nuke is stupidly obvious to find. It took me about half an hour to find, funnily enough. Just go around the sides repeatedly, trying to open them and one compartment will open and the nuke will be inside. Sorry I couldn't be anymore help :(

PS. Go find a guide. In the mean time, I'm gonna install it and have a go :D
Sun 10/02/02 at 09:57
Regular
Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
> I'm damn well playing on it now. I've killed everyone and am at the end of the
> train. Where the hell do you go?!?! Everyone appears to be dead and there is
> one place I haven't been, but there is no way in there. Or is there? Where can
> you find a guide?

You have to get into the armoured part of the train about 2 thirds along, its easy, but I can't remember. I will download it now and tell you.
Sat 09/02/02 at 23:34
Regular
"Wasting away"
I'm damn well playing on it now. I've killed everyone and am at the end of the train. Where the hell do you go?!?! Everyone appears to be dead and there is one place I haven't been, but there is no way in there. Or is there? Where can you find a guide?
Sat 09/02/02 at 23:25
Regular
Mr. Nice Guy wrote:

You go, girl!!!

Calling me a girl now Tom? Well at least I am not stuck on level 2 of Soldier of Fortune :D You still stuck? I will get the demo tomorrow morning and tell you what you have to do, stupidly obvious how to get to the nukes if I remember rightly.
Sat 09/02/02 at 23:20
Regular
"Wasting away"
*[SR]*MJswerve wrote:

People know my personal details, do I care? PLuh, god no. Not like I gave them my address is it. I know basically
everyone here anyway.

You go, girl!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.