GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola "service status" :)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/08/07 at 18:52
Regular
Nice to see all outstanding problems and issues have been clear for a week now! :) *kiss of death* I know.
The Hotmail and Router issues had been around for 6 months(ish) so it's good to see them resolved.

Triv, but you have a great big 'I'' not doing very much on the status page that you may like to remove!
Mon 20/08/07 at 19:39
Regular
Just to add some more feedback for you:

I had a call this afternoon from a client that I put on Freeola ADSL and he asked why his connection was so bad!?
(He already knows and makes use of your status page.)

I asked if his problem was between 8-10pm ish last night which was when there was a service problem. It was.

So from a general "my connection is bad" I actually found that actually it's fine most of the time it was just for a few hours while a problem was going on.

This all reinforces my argument that the better information Freeola can provide the better for all.

Hope that's useful for you.
Mon 20/08/07 at 12:01
Regular
Eccles wrote:
> What's wrong with
> http://noc.enta.net? It's where
> everyone gets their data from. However the suggestion is good and
> I like the idea of an RSS feed for status. I'll note both
> suggestions down!

Hi Eccles,
I use the Enta NOC, but their Central Status doesn't show you which one you are on! Yes you can run a tracert etc. to find out. But As I mentioned some of the other Enta providers have some good ways of presenting this data.

It was just an idea for you - wouldn't want Freeola to fall behind ;)
Mon 20/08/07 at 11:52
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
What's wrong with http://noc.enta.net? It's where everyone gets their data from. However the suggestion is good and I like the idea of an RSS feed for status. I'll note both suggestions down!
Mon 20/08/07 at 10:33
Regular
Another idea, when you are looking for something to do:)

How about introducing a Freeola 'ADSL Central Checker' ?

There were problems with an Enta router which caused some outages yesterday evening - as I'm sure you are probably aware.

At the moment I'm going to one of your competitors websites that has a very useful "Central Pipe Status and Checker" - it shows you the status of all the pipes and the one you are on.

It would be better if I (and others) were able to do that here! It would stop me looking at their prices as well :P

Just a thought.

Nice to see you've removed the rogue 'I' this morning :)
Sun 19/08/07 at 19:16
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
For some reason, all the web sites and email and everything else seem to have all stopped working, about 20 minutes ago? Anyone know why?

:)

Just a quick request, but any chance of a web feed being added for the status page, so when issues are added, I'm more likely to be aware of them? I generally don't look at it unless I see something is up, whereas if I'm flipping through my web feed list, anything that's reported will catch my eye.
Sun 19/08/07 at 18:52
Regular
Nice to see all outstanding problems and issues have been clear for a week now! :) *kiss of death* I know.
The Hotmail and Router issues had been around for 6 months(ish) so it's good to see them resolved.

Triv, but you have a great big 'I'' not doing very much on the status page that you may like to remove!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.