GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola: New Payment process? www.securesuite.co.uk"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/08/07 at 12:20
Regular
Hello,
I've just renewed a load of domains (TRN31177006) and been taken on a different route when checking out. I'm writing for confirmation that this was legit(!) and so that others can have advance notice that things have changed.

After putting in my CC details as normal still on Freeola, I was then taken to https://www.securesuite.co.uk/......... and asked to signup for my banks additional online security with 'Securecode'?!

The web page looked pretty rough around the edges and looked rather like a phishing site! I tried visiting https://www.securesuite.co.uk but just got a blank page. Looking at the whois details shows it registered to
cyota at a New York address. Putting www.securesuite.co.uk and scam into Google shows all sorts of other people having the same experience. After more digging around it does look as if everything is above board but has been implemented badly by Visa/Mastercard and the Banks.

Hopefully you can confirm my CC details are still safe :)
Sun 27/07/08 at 00:02
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Yup securesuite.co.uk is a legitimate site. It is used be many payment providers who process payments for businesses online to handle Verified By Visa and Mastercard SecureCode. A week or so ago it went a bit pear shaped as someone forgot to renew securesiute.co.uk, meaning that you'd still be asked your 3DSecure info but the redirect would fail. See [URL=http://tinyurl.com/653f94]The Register[/URL] (URL shortened so I could post it!). Was very annoying for us and lots of other online retailers. We're sorry if it caused you any inconvenience but all should be well now.
Sat 26/07/08 at 20:10
Regular
Hi,

In response to the www.securesuite.co.uk comment, (New Payment process), I too have experienced the same difficulties. However, I contacted 'my bank' and together we went through the verification process. But, alas, my card was not verified, despite my details being correct. Whilst 'my bank' was still on one phone line, I contacted the well known company where securesuite was being used and they verified that this was the method for approving card purchases despite my card not being verified, (due to a failed third attempt at loggin). However, 'my bank' has assured me that if all was not well by Monday, any unauthorised withdrawals would be recredited to my account. However, I have researched www.securesuite.co.uk and for what I can gather 'they' seem to be legit. Fingers crossed for me eh?
Fri 10/08/07 at 18:27
Regular
GWD wrote:
> I should get paid a retainer...

Can you win GADs for helping and providing good business advice??? :)
Fri 10/08/07 at 18:11
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Yeah I passed on your suggestion. It should detect what bank site you are being redirected to and what card type you are using and display the relevant message. Seems to be working a bit smoother now.
Fri 10/08/07 at 18:00
Regular
Just registered another domain.

I see you've removed the 3DSecure stuff and replaced it with SecureSuite - it made more sense to me!

I should get paid a retainer...
Wed 08/08/07 at 16:13
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Thanks for the comments. The suggestions have been noted down as should be added later.

Iframing shouldn't cause a problem, it recommended in Visas Verified by Visa 90 page Implementation Best Practices document!

Your transaction is also being looked into.
Wed 08/08/07 at 15:32
Regular
Thanks for the update Eccles.

I did see a message about 3DSecure, but as I hadn't heard of them it didn't mean much. The screen I was presented with doesn't mention them it's branded with MasterCard/SecureCard and my Bank and uses the securesuite.co.uk domain - so nothing really ties up! The banks own security advise says to always check the domain name and SSL etc. all matches - you have to laugh!

Perhaps you could add a message explaining that the checkout process has changed and you will be taken to securesuite.co.uk and given the option to signup for the SecureCard offering?

Using an iFrame may mess up the SSL.

NB. I've raised ticket 136963 as the price I was charged for some of the domains is different(more) than the price I was quoted in the email reminder that I was sent. Looks like there's a hiccup somewhere.

Thanks again for the update - it's nice to know my CC details haven't gone astray!
Wed 08/08/07 at 15:07
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Please be assured that your card details are safe with us. You are correct in assuming the the site was your banks Mastercard SecureCode page.
You should have seen a page before that, which asked you to confirm before moving on. This informed you of the redirection to a 3DSecure verification page.
We will be improving this process as quickly as possible and probably iframing the banks security page to reduce the amount of confusion it calls. Unfortunately we have no control over how the bank security page looks, which is silly really as they are the one trying to combat phishing!
Unfortunately all online retailers who wish to process Mastercard transaction have to switch over to this new checkout process as it's supposed to reduce fraud and Mastercard will not accept transactions that are not processed using SecureCode any more.
I hope this clarifies the process a bit.
Wed 08/08/07 at 12:20
Regular
Hello,
I've just renewed a load of domains (TRN31177006) and been taken on a different route when checking out. I'm writing for confirmation that this was legit(!) and so that others can have advance notice that things have changed.

After putting in my CC details as normal still on Freeola, I was then taken to https://www.securesuite.co.uk/......... and asked to signup for my banks additional online security with 'Securecode'?!

The web page looked pretty rough around the edges and looked rather like a phishing site! I tried visiting https://www.securesuite.co.uk but just got a blank page. Looking at the whois details shows it registered to
cyota at a New York address. Putting www.securesuite.co.uk and scam into Google shows all sorts of other people having the same experience. After more digging around it does look as if everything is above board but has been implemented badly by Visa/Mastercard and the Banks.

Hopefully you can confirm my CC details are still safe :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.