GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cheapest Broadband providers?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/01/03 at 01:16
Regular
What are they? Any for £20 a month? Not cable though as i'm sure you can't get NTL where I live.

Don't suppose you know if the providers cover Northen Ireland too? Why you would know that- is a mystery but it's worth a try.

Cheers for anything.
Wed 29/01/03 at 22:39
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Mantis wrote:
> adrian wrote:
> You don't need a static IP address for Xbox live, do you?
>
> Then whats all that noncence in the network settings? MAC numbers and
> all- whatever they are.

Well if your running through a NIC and USB modem then you set it to automatic and everytime you use it all this is filled in. The MAC address and that are from the network card, and theres things like host names etc. I have NEVER had to input any thing manually, as I use a NIC with USB as I have ADSL. If you look in the settings you can manually put the IP addresses, DNS address etc in, or set it to automatic. Setting it to automatic will mean that every time the XBox connects to Live it will gather all the information, so that if theres a change it will still work.
Wed 29/01/03 at 20:24
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
adrian wrote:

Then whats all that noncence in the network settings? MAC numbers and all- whatever they are.
Wed 29/01/03 at 12:28
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
I have 1mb telewest for £35 a month its amazing ah the wonders I live in a village too!

126kbps ahhhh
Wed 29/01/03 at 10:42
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Strafex wrote:

No.
Wed 29/01/03 at 09:20
Regular
You don't need a static IP address for Xbox live, do you?
Tue 28/01/03 at 13:26
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
SweeneyUK wrote:
> sorry, pipex is now only £19.99 start up...so thats 19.99 for
> connection, usb modem and filters...now thats a bargain !!!

Thats £19.99 excluding VAT, works out at £23.44 including VAT for setup which includes USB modem, and 2 filters plus connection. Then its £23.44 a month from there on.
Tue 28/01/03 at 13:05
Regular
connection to xbox live is easy..i have a usb modem (pipex connection), network card in my Pc (£20) a crossover cable from my pc network card to my xbox...an im using windows ICS.internet connection sharing..no problems..
Tue 28/01/03 at 13:01
Regular
sorry, pipex is now only £19.99 start up...so thats 19.99 for connection, usb modem and filters...now thats a bargain !!!i payed nearly £100 about 7 months ago
Tue 28/01/03 at 01:17
Regular
"cachoo"
I'm on NTL, pretty lucky really because I've only just moved to the town that does it! And boy, have I been going mad on P2P!! :)

I pay something like £24.99 a month and it's 600k(used to be 512k??).. so that was a big difference going from a 56k to 600k, almost 10 times faster! Wahooo! The joy :)

Whereas, now, I think NTL have changed the 1MB connection from £50 per month to £30 a month! Only just found out too!! Typical.

Was on BT before with a 56K. They sent an email to me which I didn't read properly at first, something about 'if you go over 5 hours per day you have to start paying more money other than the line rental'. So it's my fault I would leave the internet on almost all day causing the bill to be HUGE!!

Anyhoo, I'd recommend NTL and sorry if none of that made sense, I'm tired and I'm seeing flashing lights.. :)
Mon 27/01/03 at 19:45
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Argh. Can't do NTL: Boardband in Milton Keynes as its built to weridly... Damm...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.