GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Sims"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Sims'.
Tue 04/02/03 at 20:28
Regular
My brother recently got the whole set of The Sims for his birthday. I personally think that they are a boring set of games where u have to control some stupid Sims.

They have all these bars that say how much food they need etc. but they go down so quickly, they are difficult to keep alive.

Even with all the expansion packs it is sooooooo tedious. Even when you are on holiday or downtown, all you do is the same thing, try and keep them alive.

You also have to spend ages mking and designing their homes. i think it is just endless hours wasted.

Also you can get all these cheats that give u infinate money, but what is the point? I thought that the idea of the game is that you live under a budget and gradually expand your house. But my bro still insists on having millions of pounds so his houses are so huge and well decorated.

I was just wondering what you thing about this and whether you agree with me that the game is a boring simulation.
Tue 04/02/03 at 22:14
Regular
"$hit happens"
You always have some people who like a game and other who hate it, FFX, in my opinion, great, some of my friends hate it, same with MGS2 or Mario Sunshine, it is just taste in games. The sims is not hard, keeping them alive is easy, but the new Ps2 version is so much better, the mulltiplayer makes it more interesting and the "get a Life" mode allows you to complete goals, so peple who think there is no point ot it, they now have apoint, and as you progress, you unlock new things to put in your houses.

I like the Sims on the Ps2, it annoyins me a bit on the PC, well it did whne i had it.
Tue 04/02/03 at 21:29
Regular
"cachoo"
Banned? Really! Hehe! Probably because you can kill them like I did, sometimes I used to build a tiny 'shed' outside and take the door off, then set off the fireworks.. >:-D Or just take the steps out of the pool..
Tue 04/02/03 at 21:04
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Why was it banned?
Tue 04/02/03 at 20:59
Regular
The Sims was banned in 9 states of America.
Tue 04/02/03 at 20:50
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Some poeple like it.
Crazy people.
Tue 04/02/03 at 20:31
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I agree, it has no obvious point to it, and you arent really working towards something, but a helluva lot of people must like it because it is a bestseller.
Tue 04/02/03 at 20:30
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I hope you never have children or pets!
Tue 04/02/03 at 20:28
Regular
"It's been a while.."
My brother recently got the whole set of The Sims for his birthday. I personally think that they are a boring set of games where u have to control some stupid Sims.

They have all these bars that say how much food they need etc. but they go down so quickly, they are difficult to keep alive.

Even with all the expansion packs it is sooooooo tedious. Even when you are on holiday or downtown, all you do is the same thing, try and keep them alive.

You also have to spend ages mking and designing their homes. i think it is just endless hours wasted.

Also you can get all these cheats that give u infinate money, but what is the point? I thought that the idea of the game is that you live under a budget and gradually expand your house. But my bro still insists on having millions of pounds so his houses are so huge and well decorated.

I was just wondering what you thing about this and whether you agree with me that the game is a boring simulation.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.