GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Thread for those that finished the book"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/07/07 at 23:47
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
just me so far?

*bursts with non internetgleaned information*
Mon 06/08/07 at 19:37
Regular
The title "Harry Potter and groupies hang out in tent for ages" sounds a bit rubbish.
Sun 05/08/07 at 23:18
Regular
"Mooching around"
And the Hallows themselves seemed rather irrelevant to me
Sun 05/08/07 at 21:40
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Good story, rubbish prose.

And the end was dire. No payoff at all. OH voldemort's dead here's the awful epilogue kkthxfor reading and waiting BYE

but the story was good. except for the above and the whole turgid section in a bloody tent for 6 months. eurgh.
Tue 24/07/07 at 14:03
Regular
Scorpius obviously has the coolest name at Hogwarts second only to Hugo.
Tue 24/07/07 at 13:05
Regular
"Mooching around"
Alfonse wrote:
> The last sentence was pants.

As is the name Albus Severus.
Tue 24/07/07 at 13:03
Regular
"Mooching around"
Biggie Little Jr wrote:
> I have no idea who Scromgeour, Colin, Bellatrix, Fred, Tonks,
> Lupin or Ted Tonks are. I'm guessing Malfoy means the son Draco.
> I guess i'll find out when I watch the films, i'm downloading
> Order Of The Pheonix at the moment.

Scrimgeour is the Minister for Magic, succeding Fudge, and turns out he died protecting the whereabouts of Harry.

Colin I think was a second or third year student in Hogwarts, he was obsessed with Harry and used to constantly want his pictures and autographs.

Bellatrix Lestrange was a Death Eater related to Sirius Black I believe, she adored Voldemort and wanted nothing more than his respect. She's portrayed to be emotionless, and her favourite spell is the Cruciatus curse.

Fred is the twin brother of George, two of the older brothers of Ron. They leave Hogwarts in The Order of the Phoneix to set up their own joke shop with help from a loan from Harry.

Lupin was Hogwarts Defence against the Dark arts teacher in The Prisioner of Azkaban, he is also a werewolf, part of The Order, and one of James Potters best friends.

Tonks was an Auror who could change her appearance at will, this was usually put to use in her hair which often reflected how she felt emotionally. Generally she prefers a bubblegum pink hair colour. She often helped Harry in his efforts, saving him from missing Hogwarts in The Half-Blood prince was just one of these occasions.

Malfoy in that circumstance means the Nuclear Malfoy family, as they all survive. In fact, Malfoy later get's married and his son attends Hogwarts with Harry's and Ron's.

Oh, and don't bother with the Movie, it's awful, the book is infinitly better than it.
Tue 24/07/07 at 12:53
Regular
The last sentence was pants.
Tue 24/07/07 at 12:21
Regular
"Mooching around"
Well the book's only 607 pages I think... So one of them is wrong... I'll check the others now.

Ah, that death list is for the American version of the book. Y'know, the one for idiots who need big print and dumbed down words.

However, the death list for the English version goes as follows:

Hedwig dies on page 52
Mad-Eye dies on page 69
Scrimgeour dies on page 133
Wormtail dies on page 381
Dobby dies on page 385
Crabbe dies on page 508, though it's only official on page 510
Fred dies on page 511-512
Snape dies on page 528
Tonks, Lupin and Colin die at unknown times supossedly fighting Death Eaters, during the Battle of Hogwarts.
Bellatrix dies on page 590
Voldemort finally dies on page 595
Tue 24/07/07 at 00:51
"LOLLERSKATES!"
This is what I found, is it correct?

Hedwig dies, pg. 56
Mad-Eye dies, pg. 78
Scrimgeour dies, pg. 159
Wormtail dies, pg. 471
Dobby dies, pg. 476
Voldemort kills Snape, pg. 658
Snape was good, loved Lily - entire Chapter 33
Colin, Crabbe, Bellatrix, Fred, Tonks, Lupin, Ted Tonks all die.
Hagrid, Malfoy, Neville survive.
Ron marries Hermione,
Harry marries Ginny,
Their children attend Hogwarts together.
The final two sentences are: "The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well.”

I have no idea who Scromgeour, Colin, Bellatrix, Fred, Tonks, Lupin or Ted Tonks are. I'm guessing Malfoy means the son Draco. I guess i'll find out when I watch the films, i'm downloading Order Of The Pheonix at the moment.

I can't believe she killed off Hedwig. The evil b*tch. What an enormous suprise the final sentence was 'All was well'...
Mon 23/07/07 at 23:59
Regular
"I may return"
No, I wasn't expecting it... It's too good for Harry Potter books :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.