GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where is gaming going?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/02/03 at 19:44
Regular
We all think about the past, we all think about the good old games. The classics: Every Zelda game, Mario, GTA etc etc.
Without the past theer is no present- and i can hear the people saying duh already, but the past does form the future and the point of this topic is, what will games bring us in the future.

The X-box 2 has been announced and so have the next nintenod console and 3rd playstation, i think. These consoles are goin to be pretty much the same, if you know what i mean, updated graphics, better interent facilities and a price that is very hard for some people to pay. We will probably all purchase the consoles, for our favourite games' sequeals and some new games. This has heppened for ages, well since computer games began. But like most things there is a limit, graphics get to a stage where they cant get any better, and things are nearly there. Sound has a limit. So what happens when these limits are reached?

Will Virtual reality come into action, but even so this has its limits, i am sure within a little while VR will be fully functionable and extremley life like. We can all imagine a GTA bieng played in VR it would be fun, it would be very satisfying and exhilarating, you would feel even more into the game than some people get now. This can only be done to an extent as the game scouldnt get any better. So what happens next?

Could we play like in the Matrix, where we go into the game? Could we die? It would befun to play in games like that but the whole dying part is just a bit too far fetched!

What are your opinions on what will happen afetr the console limits are reached? I think things will go like that, well maybe, but will gaming just die off? Who knows and oonly time will tell, but i am sure each of yuou has a different idea on what will happen, but its something to think about!

**Marc2003**
Sun 09/02/03 at 20:26
Regular
"$hit happens"
True, i live in the present, but think about the future, i think VR will deff. happen!
Sun 09/02/03 at 20:23
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Obviously, no-one really knows what the future holds, but I think that gaming would still be around with virtual reality for definite. There have been things already shown like printers than can develop fully 3D, solid objects, so you can't really dismiss such a thing like VR being present in the future.

But right now, I couldn't care less about what the future has in store for gaming because I'm living now!
Sun 09/02/03 at 19:44
Regular
"$hit happens"
We all think about the past, we all think about the good old games. The classics: Every Zelda game, Mario, GTA etc etc.
Without the past theer is no present- and i can hear the people saying duh already, but the past does form the future and the point of this topic is, what will games bring us in the future.

The X-box 2 has been announced and so have the next nintenod console and 3rd playstation, i think. These consoles are goin to be pretty much the same, if you know what i mean, updated graphics, better interent facilities and a price that is very hard for some people to pay. We will probably all purchase the consoles, for our favourite games' sequeals and some new games. This has heppened for ages, well since computer games began. But like most things there is a limit, graphics get to a stage where they cant get any better, and things are nearly there. Sound has a limit. So what happens when these limits are reached?

Will Virtual reality come into action, but even so this has its limits, i am sure within a little while VR will be fully functionable and extremley life like. We can all imagine a GTA bieng played in VR it would be fun, it would be very satisfying and exhilarating, you would feel even more into the game than some people get now. This can only be done to an extent as the game scouldnt get any better. So what happens next?

Could we play like in the Matrix, where we go into the game? Could we die? It would befun to play in games like that but the whole dying part is just a bit too far fetched!

What are your opinions on what will happen afetr the console limits are reached? I think things will go like that, well maybe, but will gaming just die off? Who knows and oonly time will tell, but i am sure each of yuou has a different idea on what will happen, but its something to think about!

**Marc2003**

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.