GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jobs"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/07/07 at 03:30
Regular
I've always had a problem when it comes to choosing a career. I lack so much motivation that it's hard to stick to something, and my inability to study as of recent is causing me to try and rethink myself.

I want something to do that I can be proud of, yet, at the same time, not push myself too far.

So at the moment I want to be a paramedic. I don't have the studying capability to be a doctor, but I love health and medicine and I need to be part of a team that can help save lives. I wonder how long it'll last.

Interestingly though, it's something I've wanted to be for years now. I imagine, give it a week, and I'll be bored of the idea, but I'm going to go for the meantime and have a look into it.

Here is what I'm interested in at the moment. Just felt like sharing.

So.. how about you? Do you have any careers in mind that you'd like to go into?
Fri 20/07/07 at 13:00
"possibly impossible"
schummi wrote:
> Ia m currently looking for a job for the summer and am failing
> miserably :( no previous employment experience cant even get a
> job at tesco or sainsburys for example. Applied to many places..
> just applied to currys, if i get interview, there bound to ask a
> question on product knowledge what could i say for computing and
> games, as those are the 2 i ticked? Interviews are another of my
> let downs :(:(

a) Read up on their products. Use the net to find their product areas, then use it again to find technical websites and read as many as possible. HDTVs and Digital Cameras are big sellers at the moment, so knowledge on those would be good.

b) Get out clause in any interview "I'm a quick learner.". But be prepared with an example.

c) If you do get a chance, talk to one of the staff about their day to day job. Preparation like that for any interview is very likely to win you the job.
Fri 20/07/07 at 12:02
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I really need a weekend job methinks, especially if I'm to get a car.

I keep changing my mind about what I want to do after Uni and stuff, at the moment it's between teaching and some kind of career in politics, probably diplomacy.
Thu 19/07/07 at 22:40
Regular
"Mooching around"
I had a little job at weekends that paid £8 an hour, which was nice... Seems work has dried up now.

I used to get £160 a week too :( Do you realise how many Sub of the Days I could get with that?!
Thu 19/07/07 at 17:55
Regular
No idea what advice to give.

I guess it might help a bit if you were confident that you'd be able to do the job well. Walk in there, think to yourself 'yeah, I can do this no problem' and hopefully that confidence would shine out..

But I've always been terrible at interviews and I have no idea what I'm talking about. The last interview I gave I was rung up to be told I gave a good interview but didn't get the job. Teacher assistant.

Uh..

I really don't know why I'm replying to this I just wanted to try and be helpful.
Thu 19/07/07 at 17:45
Regular
Ia m currently looking for a job for the summer and am failing miserably :( no previous employment experience cant even get a job at tesco or sainsburys for example. Applied to many places.. just applied to currys, if i get interview, there bound to ask a question on product knowledge what could i say for computing and games, as those are the 2 i ticked? Interviews are another of my let downs :(:(
Wed 18/07/07 at 19:11
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Black Glove wrote:
> I want a job which consists of zero work and humongous pay. Any
> ideas?

Trip over a bit of pavement and sue the council?
Wed 18/07/07 at 18:48
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Breeding worms! Apparently if you have a bit of land, you can contact some companies and they will give you worms to breed, you then sell the worms back to the company! No work and money for pretty much sod all!

Also because they mate rather quickly (again so I'm told, could be wrong), when the company comes to buy them back, you can have a load left over to which you can then keep breeding, and then sell onto fishing shops for loads.

Very random idea, but I will try it one day!
Wed 18/07/07 at 15:23
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I want a job which consists of zero work and humongous pay. Any ideas?
Wed 18/07/07 at 14:41
Regular
I want to work in Subway.
Wed 18/07/07 at 13:49
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Coo Coo wrote:
> My ideal job would be to work with animals. Be it in a zoo, a
> kennels and cattery, anywhere. Just to be around them, I find it
> very theraputic to be near them.
>
> I would love to foster animals too, but shall have to wait a
> while, secure job, save money and all.

I have a friend who is absolutely crazy about animals who decided to get a job working with them. She now works for a University caring for animals used in University experiments. I'd have thought this was a bitter-sweet job as most of the animals she cares for end up on the vivisection table, but she loves making their short lives as pleasant as possible. It's one job I don't think I could do.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.