GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Buying second hand has advantages."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/02/03 at 20:01
Regular
There are two big advantages buying second hand. Firstly there cheaper so you could save a decent amount of the new price. People might say only its only a tenner but ten pounds is still ten pounds. And you can be ever so smug when you have waited an extra week to buy a game but saved some money towards your next purchase. Plus waited that extra time you can find out whether it's any good or not.

Secondly it helps the enviroment because everytime that a game is made it uses our natural resources such as oil in the plastic case, paper for the manual etc. So just think if your re-using the materials you are helping save the enviroment.

Ps i may get banned for this but who cares?
eh?
Tue 25/02/03 at 20:51
Drunken Duncan wrote:
> About the only good buy in GAME since...well...ever!
>
> :)

Not true i bought Pro Evo for 7 quid which is a steal i tells ya.

So their have been 2 good buys in the history of GAME:)
Tue 25/02/03 at 20:32
Regular
"EXCUSE ME"
I used NOM's offer of three pre-owned games for the price of two. Got me self Resi, Wrestlemania X8 ,and Starfox adventures.
Tue 25/02/03 at 20:20
Regular
"Party Hard"
About the only good buy in GAME since...well...ever!

:)
Tue 25/02/03 at 20:08
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I picked up a preowned GTA3 few months ago for £15. In GAME, of all places.
Tue 25/02/03 at 20:07
Regular
"Party Hard"
I buy a lot of second hand games, mainly because they're cheap.

Thing is, most of the DC second hand game's i've bought tend to b*gger up at a certain point...so i flogged 'em to some stupid lower school student at school.

:D
Tue 25/02/03 at 20:05
"period drama"
I got THPS4 for £20 just the other week.
Very nice indeed(ily-doodily)
Tue 25/02/03 at 20:03
"slightlyshortertagl"
You won't get banned.

2nd hand is good. I managed to get myself a 2nd hand copy of MotoGP (before SR re-stocked it) for £20. Seeing as it's now near impossible to buy one at all for even £40 I was quite happy with meself.
Tue 25/02/03 at 20:01
Regular
"I confused?"
There are two big advantages buying second hand. Firstly there cheaper so you could save a decent amount of the new price. People might say only its only a tenner but ten pounds is still ten pounds. And you can be ever so smug when you have waited an extra week to buy a game but saved some money towards your next purchase. Plus waited that extra time you can find out whether it's any good or not.

Secondly it helps the enviroment because everytime that a game is made it uses our natural resources such as oil in the plastic case, paper for the manual etc. So just think if your re-using the materials you are helping save the enviroment.

Ps i may get banned for this but who cares?
eh?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.