GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resi (First one, not Zero) Help"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil'.
Tue 11/03/03 at 22:57
Regular
Riiight.

I'm actually getting into it a bit more now, but I'm pretty sure I suck at the game.
I think it's set to the easiest difficulty...

Anyway:
I have the key-shape thing from the dog's collar (after getting mauled by it). Presumably the next step is to use it to get the next key. Or you can make it usable...
Can't figure out what to do now. Help?

Also:
1. Can I just shoot straight for a zombie's head to kill it with 1 shot? From what I can tell you only get a choice of aiming straight forward, at your feet or way into the air, with no in between.

2. When a zombie grabs me, will mashing the pad like a chimp get it off me any quicker? And if so, how should I be mashing it?

Cheers
Thu 13/03/03 at 16:08
"Wa-wa-west"
Oh yeah, and the magnum is in the cable car when you go to the lab from Resi 2.
Thu 13/03/03 at 16:06
"Wa-wa-west"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> To be honest I can't fecking remember, but don't worry you won't miss
> it. It's somewhere on disk 2 but that's all I can remember.
>
> There's also a machine gun somewhere in Resi 0, I picked up some ammo
> for it in the Leech Hunter game that you unlock when you complete it,
> but I haven't come across the gun yet.

I presume that you need to unlock the gun in Leech Hunter as well, as the ammos just a pain on its own. Its probably somewhere else in the mansion. The basement or something.
Wed 12/03/03 at 20:25
Regular
"gsybe you!"
A machine gun would rule.
Wed 12/03/03 at 20:24
Regular
To be honest I can't fecking remember, but don't worry you won't miss it. It's somewhere on disk 2 but that's all I can remember.

There's also a machine gun somewhere in Resi 0, I picked up some ammo for it in the Leech Hunter game that you unlock when you complete it, but I haven't come across the gun yet.
Wed 12/03/03 at 20:17
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Tiltawhirl wrote:

> The Magnum on Resi 0 is just the sweetest weapon ever.

At what stage do I come across this?
Wed 12/03/03 at 20:15
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> Or get the magnum. Oh yes.

The Magnum on Resi 0 is just the sweetest weapon ever.
Wed 12/03/03 at 20:15
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
oops, sorry someone already said that.
Wed 12/03/03 at 20:14
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Dr Duck wrote:
> It tells me it's too fragile to actually work as a key. Like something
> else needs doing...

Up stairs when you pick up a key of a block a figure comes out of the wall with spikes and things, put the fake key there so you keep the nice shinny one. I think thats the bit your on.
Wed 12/03/03 at 20:02
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> First time I played Resi through I didn't realise you had to burn the
> Zombies after killing them, I couldn't go anywhere without being
> chased by a stupid Crimson head.

Likewise. That was scary. Now me kerosene is firmly lodged in an item space.

And the headshot thing. You can get a one shot head kill, if you are at the right distance/height. On a long corridor, run far away and aim and fire, or go up some steps, closer and fire.

A good example is on normal/hard, in the graveyard is a zombie. If you stay at the top of the last flight of steps into the area, a headshot is always yours.

Or get the magnum. Oh yes.
Wed 12/03/03 at 19:58
Regular
"$Big Bucks$"
I totally suck at the resi games because on the first on for the cube i havent even got to the fist save point.But im gonna get re0 as people are saying its a lot easier than the remake so ive just asked asked my mum for it and she sed maybe which normally means yes.www hhhhoooooo oooooo

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.