GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If you could do any job..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/09/11 at 15:22
"possibly impossible"
If you could work anywhere, irrespective of money or your qualifications, what would you most like to do?

I'd love to own an indie game and entertainment store or be a 'proper' (ie paid) Games Journalist.

The former is virtually impossible given the conditions on the high street and the economy and the latter is possible, and i really think i could get in on merit of experience, but looking at the salaries I'd have to take a pay cut and move.
Thu 29/12/11 at 21:47
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Very difficult one... I guess I don't get anything close to the full experience of being a historian until I start teaching as well as doing research next year, but I like the look of it aside from wrestling with university bureaucracy.

And trying to get things published. Etc etc.

I'll go for TV personality. I can usually be relied upon to say something divisive/sickening/confusing and in some way related to 19th century history after a few drinks, would probably give me a long career on BBC3 and/or worse!
Thu 15/12/11 at 11:12
Regular
"HELLOOO"
cool you could be an actor
Tue 13/12/11 at 20:32
Regular
GABBYGIRL101 wrote:
i would love to own a bookshop but because they are now getting shut down =(

reading your post l just had a flash back of channel 4s black books don't no way lol

back on thread l like building things so prop design for TV / Film
Tue 13/12/11 at 13:26
Regular
"HELLOOO"
i would love to own a bookshop but because they are now getting shut down =(
Thu 13/10/11 at 17:02
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I don't mind playing bad games. I've put in 200 hours+ on at least 2 games I hate in the past year or 2.

As for running a site, I know nothing about that side of things and I can't afford to run even a cheap site at the moment.
Thu 13/10/11 at 15:15
Regular
Still that's a lot better than being a games tester. GP you should start a site like pb. I'm sure he has some advice. Maybe you could do some video reviews like the Nostalgia critic and the NES punk.
Thu 13/10/11 at 15:11
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I suppose the test of any job is how you'll cope with the bad bits. Games journalism sounds great until you realise that a proper review could involve 10 hours of playtime of a game that is awful. And you have to sit there replaying bits of it to make sure what you've written is accurate.
Thu 13/10/11 at 14:30
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I like the job I have at the moment.

I flitter between dream jobs though, on a daily basis. It normally depends on what movie/news story I have just read. Like a child ....... :(
Thu 13/10/11 at 14:24
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I'd like to be a games journo. I don't really care about money. I get the feeling I would enjoy doing the job.
Thu 13/10/11 at 14:02
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
This is known. But a trouble maker with a big heart.......

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.