GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[GAME] Brink [Xbox360]"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Brink'.
Wed 18/05/11 at 01:15
Regular
Brink claims to be an “outstanding mix of intense shooting action, unsurpassed freedom of movement and in-depth character creation system will blow the FPS genre wide open “ While the pre release trailers may seem to show this, the actual game play you get is far from it.

The in-depth character creation is actually quite impressive but what you create does not properly translate to what appears in game. You will find most textures to be murky and blur together while mostly looking the same.

The claim of unsurpassed freedom of movement is a bold one, I met many walls that seemed climbable yet for no apparent reason I was unable to get up. While the majority of levels made good use of the freedom of movement system, some did not.

The Brink storyline works for what it is and the voice acting is very good, I enjoyed the strong mix of different voices and cut scenes. The level up system is basic and offers some choice but nothing new.

There are 4 classes to choose from in Brink, the typical mix of Engineer, Medic, Covert Ops and Solider. Each does what you would expect rather well but objectives force you into certain roles much more than I would like, more so when bots are involved.

The AI in this game is awful and I mean AWFUL. Bots are perfectly happy to come give you a revive when you are downed but past this your bot team mates are useless. The bots only improve when they are on the enemy team whereby you ll find once there are 2 minutes left they have suddenly grown godly powers of fast tracking head shots. Being disguised as an enemy player works well vs bots but as soon as you break disguise it seems all bots instantly spin around and kill you before you can even fire your gun.

While you can quite happily get through the game with the bots as poor as they are you will be completing the majority of objectives yourself, ruling out you getting used to any one particular class.

The multi-player being the supposed main feature of the game is very repetitive . Game after game you find yourself stuck at the same choke points, while this was something I loved in games like Battlefield, In Brink it just gets real old real quick.

To sum up even with Brink offering free DLC in the near future I think this game is bad value for money at the full retail price. With the multi-player being exactly the same as single player and the story being so short your not getting much for your buck. If only they had spent more money developing this game instead of going mad on the marketing campaign... because this game certainly had potential.

6/10
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Wed 18/05/11 at 01:15
Regular
Brink claims to be an “outstanding mix of intense shooting action, unsurpassed freedom of movement and in-depth character creation system will blow the FPS genre wide open “ While the pre release trailers may seem to show this, the actual game play you get is far from it.

The in-depth character creation is actually quite impressive but what you create does not properly translate to what appears in game. You will find most textures to be murky and blur together while mostly looking the same.

The claim of unsurpassed freedom of movement is a bold one, I met many walls that seemed climbable yet for no apparent reason I was unable to get up. While the majority of levels made good use of the freedom of movement system, some did not.

The Brink storyline works for what it is and the voice acting is very good, I enjoyed the strong mix of different voices and cut scenes. The level up system is basic and offers some choice but nothing new.

There are 4 classes to choose from in Brink, the typical mix of Engineer, Medic, Covert Ops and Solider. Each does what you would expect rather well but objectives force you into certain roles much more than I would like, more so when bots are involved.

The AI in this game is awful and I mean AWFUL. Bots are perfectly happy to come give you a revive when you are downed but past this your bot team mates are useless. The bots only improve when they are on the enemy team whereby you ll find once there are 2 minutes left they have suddenly grown godly powers of fast tracking head shots. Being disguised as an enemy player works well vs bots but as soon as you break disguise it seems all bots instantly spin around and kill you before you can even fire your gun.

While you can quite happily get through the game with the bots as poor as they are you will be completing the majority of objectives yourself, ruling out you getting used to any one particular class.

The multi-player being the supposed main feature of the game is very repetitive . Game after game you find yourself stuck at the same choke points, while this was something I loved in games like Battlefield, In Brink it just gets real old real quick.

To sum up even with Brink offering free DLC in the near future I think this game is bad value for money at the full retail price. With the multi-player being exactly the same as single player and the story being so short your not getting much for your buck. If only they had spent more money developing this game instead of going mad on the marketing campaign... because this game certainly had potential.

6/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.