GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Manhunt 2 banned in the UK"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Manhunt 2'.
Tue 19/06/07 at 16:32
Regular
Censors ban 'brutal' video game

British censors have banned a violent video game from the UK for the first time in a decade.

The video game Manhunt 2 was banned for its "unrelenting focus on stalking and brutal slaying", the British Board of Film Classification said.

It means the Manhunt sequel cannot be legally supplied anywhere in the UK.

The parents of a Leicester schoolboy who blamed the original game for the murder of their 14-year-old son said they were "absolutely elated".

...continued
----

I've not played the first, but I think my brother did. Anything that gets a ban by the BBFC (is this a film or a game? BBF&GC :S) is a game I have to play!
Thu 28/06/07 at 22:37
Regular
Yeah they get someone else to play it, then they watch the video and then decide =)
Thu 28/06/07 at 21:54
Regular
"lets go back"
Well that answers that mystery. Id have assumed they played the game themselves, but all I could find was info on classifying films. I wonder if I could get a job with them?
Thu 28/06/07 at 21:49
"possibly impossible"
No, they have game experts on their team to play at least 5 hours. They even request all the cheat codes and anything else that will let them get further in the game to check as much as possible.
Thu 28/06/07 at 21:44
Regular
"lets go back"
I'm pretty sure they watch all of the films they classify so Id assume they play the games too, but I really dont know. Its possible they get a video of someone else playing the game, because they might be crap at the game and therefore couldn't classify it fairly.
Thu 28/06/07 at 18:46
Regular
Is it true that the BBFC dont even play the game, they just watch a few clips of the worst bits?
Thu 28/06/07 at 18:34
Regular
"lets go back"
You may say you have a right to play it, but they would say they have a duty to stop you.
Thu 28/06/07 at 15:56
Regular
"8==="
Hello!

Rockstar's latest video game, Manhunt 2, was due for release on the Wii and Playstation 2 next month. Because of the violent nature of the title the BBFC has decided not to clasify the title, which means it cannot go on sale in the UK.

Whether you like Manhunt 2 or not, we have a right, as adults, to decide what we want and do not want to play. This could have a negative impact on not just the video game industry but the film industry as well, now developers and directors are restricted in what they can and cannot create.

There is a petition on the Prime Minister's website to restrict the ability of the BBFC on their censorship. If you agree then please sign it!

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Manhunt2/
Sat 23/06/07 at 00:44
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Alfonse wrote:
> There are usually two rating systems for games right PEGI and
> BBFC?

PEGI is voluntary one I think. BBFC only get involved in games if they contain certain content, presumably sex/violence etc..
Fri 22/06/07 at 23:18
Regular
There are usually two rating systems for games right PEGI and BBFC?
Fri 22/06/07 at 22:35
Regular
"Monochromatic"
What i found interesting were the BBFC's comments on the game in regard to what Take2 would have to do to get it an 18. Something along the lines of "We cant see how any ammount of editing can make this game acceptable". They basically object to the whole game instead of any particular part. I think thats a bit extreme seeing as they passed the orginal.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.