GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gaming in 2011"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/12/10 at 22:23
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
It's looking to be another huge year in gaming next year, but what are YOU looking forward to?

A quick summary of what's apparently to come.

January brings LittleBigPlanet 2, an apparently hugely improved sequel to the cuddly antics of Sackboy following it's delay from Holiday 2010.

We will see the long-awaited sequel to the oft-praised first-person puzzle game -Portal, Portal 2. PlayStation 3 owners finally get their hands on Mass Effect 2.

A recent announcement obviously revealed Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, for PS3. Other possible games that are reaching our grasp in the next year are the next Assassin's Creed and the star game of the last decade or so, Duke Nukem: Forever.

The potential of Playstation Move and Kinect is yet to be fully tapped, will 2011 be the year in which the killer games can show which will be superior out of the big-HD machines' motion gaming?

And of course who can forget, the 3DS and the many announced remakes and releases for that.

Other announced games possibly arriving in 2011:
Twisted Metal
Crysis 2
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Dead Space 2
Infamous 2
Gears of War 3
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Dynasty Warriors 7

and many more...

Also, apparently Sony have a huge PS3 reveal planned for the day after the VGAs (which i'm sure will be packed full of announcements itself). What do we think is coming?
Thu 10/02/11 at 11:19
Regular
"eat toast!"
meh, i think it was becoming all too gimmicky. They've sold all the plastic guitars and all they were doing were releasing what could quite possibly be expansion packs. They try expanding the forumula with rockbad/dj adding more features to bleed gamers dry.

I say the FADs over. Considering how activision have released game after game non stop to milk the gamer makes me consider it might have been a good thing.

It seems that 2011 there are plenty of things to look forward to. Excluding the recently announced Battlefield 3, March is turning into a banaza of awesome games:

Arkham city
Crysis
Dragons age 2
homefront
dawn of war 2 retribution

So theres a lot to look forward to next month. But being a die hard pc gamer, i'm also looking forward to the witcher 2 and Deus Ex 3 after the console ruined deus ex 2 i expect this to be better. If they don't i will certainly be very displeased.
Wed 09/02/11 at 22:59
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
First "major" casualty of the year, Activision has announced it has scrapped True Crime: Hong Kong, which is a real shame, since I was looking forward to the reboot (also thinking that it couldn't have been that far away from being finished, surely)

Activision is also stopping the Guitar Hero franchise, which may lead to a scrapping of the DJ Hero franchine too, which is, again, a shame, because the DJ Hero franchise has more potential, I believe.
Mon 31/01/11 at 17:03
Regular
"I like turtles"
Yeah,I posted something similar a couple of days ago in the General Chat thread,never occurred to me to post it somewhere in the the COMPUTER GAMES THREAD !

Anyway,I agree Bulletstorm looks like it might be fun when the finished product hits the shelves next month.As for Crysis 2 I just thought it was bland TBH,seen it all a thousand times before.Also found the multiplayer demo to be quite laggy,which was extremely annoying.Had 3 games on it and then got fed up.
Sun 30/01/11 at 16:05
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
I downloaded the Bulletstorm demo yesterday and I have to say I was very impressed. Think there'll be much fun to be had with this one.

I also got the Crysis 2 multiplayer demo but to be honest I didn't enjoy it too much, surprisingly. It plays almost exactly like COD which I suppose to many will be a good thing, but just not my cup of tea really.
Sun 16/01/11 at 23:58
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
Ah yes, the old SSX games. Tricky was the last one that I played for any extended amount of time. Though obviously when you go into snowboarding games, Coolboarders 2 is king ;)

As for the new one, they don't seem to be able to agree on what the game is actually like. I've heard anywhere between "really realistic" and "snowboarding meets burnout". With snowboarding games, I believe that the latter will be the most fun to play.
Sun 16/01/11 at 23:12
Regular
"Dango Daikazoku"
Ah thanks for the information, just seen the teaser trailer!
The use of dialogue is interesting, sounds a bit like a first person shooter. Can't judge from a teaser though, will keep an eye out for any further news. Tricky was one of the first Xbox games I got, so it really does bring back good memories.
Sun 16/01/11 at 22:27
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
It's called SSX: Deadly Descents. Doesn't sound that good in my opinion but I've not played it so I don't know how it will play.
Sun 16/01/11 at 22:15
Regular
"How Ironic"
Ah, SSX Tricky. Wasted away months of my life on that.
Sun 16/01/11 at 22:07
Regular
"Dango Daikazoku"
There are rumours of a new SSX title for 2011. Not sure what to think of that if it's true, used to love that snowboarding game when I was little!
Sun 16/01/11 at 20:49
Regular
One I would like to say looks interesting 'Brink' - basically mirrors edge but more shooting :D although we all wish Mirrors edge 2 would come out...but then again there's more chance of cod not making a game this year then there being a sequal :/ god dammit!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.