GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"E Mail has DIED"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/06/07 at 15:03
Regular
To add to the woes of the DNS changes now my email is dead! just big red crosses when I send and receive "host freeola.net " could not be found, along with our various web sites, I hope this is connected to the DNS changes and not a huge problem?

Kev
Tue 05/06/07 at 17:11
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Next time I will try and get a notice put up on the status page before the changes go ahead. At the moment we don't know when this will be because it involves our partners and we have to carry out the process when their staff are available.
We are investigating the problems with the DNS software first. It was our intention to carry out the change over with little or no downtime but unfortunately this did not work, despite initial testing and we apologise for that.
Your services should be back and running as normal now.
Tue 05/06/07 at 17:02
Regular
Eccles wrote:
> The DNS changeover invloved our partners and so had to be carried
> out when the necessary people were available. Unfortunately the
> change over has taken longer than attended due some problems.
> We have now switched this back to the previous servers so you
> should see things coming back online now. Please accept our
> apologies for the downtime.

Hi Eccles,
I take it this means you will need to re-do the change at a later date? If this is correct, could you please try to give some notice, especially if it has to be carried out during prime time.

Thanks.
Tue 05/06/07 at 15:49
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
Yes Eccles BUT surely it would have been prudent to give us some notice or indication on the status page instead of relying on me or someone to post it here !!!, especially as you knew all about it.
Also as GWD pointed out, have the work carried at some quiet time when not in the middle of a weekday. Like London underground do, that isn't stopped when someone can turn up to do the work.

Yet again this afternoon fielding phone calls, (not Email as that doesn't work either), from annoyed clients wanting to know where their websites are..................Again.

This is becoming an all to familiar story all to regularly.

Dan
Tue 05/06/07 at 15:48
Regular
E mail is now working again.

Kev
Tue 05/06/07 at 15:22
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
The DNS changeover invloved our partners and so had to be carried out when the necessary people were available. Unfortunately the change over has taken longer than attended due some problems.
We have now switched this back to the previous servers so you should see things coming back online now. Please accept our apologies for the downtime.
Tue 05/06/07 at 15:14
Regular
Eccles, was this emergency work or a planned item? I'm guessing it must be 'emergency'.
If it was planned perhaps it would have been better carried out in the early hours and with some notice?
Tue 05/06/07 at 15:12
Regular
Cheers Eccles thanks for the swift reply.

Kev
Tue 05/06/07 at 15:11
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
It is all DNS related. From here the mail servers are accessible, it's just a case of waiting for the changes to be completed and for propagation to complete.
Tue 05/06/07 at 15:03
Regular
To add to the woes of the DNS changes now my email is dead! just big red crosses when I send and receive "host freeola.net " could not be found, along with our various web sites, I hope this is connected to the DNS changes and not a huge problem?

Kev

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.