GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Worst films of all time"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/11/10 at 11:12
"possibly impossible"
Having watched Skyline yesterday and being a tad disappointed by what could easily have been a great film (if they had included a story, likeable characters and a different ending) I was wondering what films you've been bitterly disappointed by or would warn people off entirely?

Sticking with Sci-fi, 2012 is the most recent one to spring to mind. I felt as if a portion of my life had been ripped away from me after watching that. Battlefield Earth is a film I just couldn't sit through until the end, and that rarely happens to me. Lastly, Highlander II was a bitter disappointment considering how good the first film was and luckily the 3rd fared much better.

Outside of Sci-fi, Disaster Movie or any one of the more recent 'spoof' movies could well be considered too terrible to watch.
Thu 24/03/11 at 20:40
"The Videogame King"
dav2612 wrote:
I had to turn Shoot Em Up off after about 30 minutes, it was dreadful.

I want to see that movie. It looked pretty good.
Thu 24/03/11 at 12:06
Regular
"I like turtles"
Forrest Gump & Independence Day were films some seem to love but personally I thought they were both were awful.
Wed 23/03/11 at 13:23
Regular
"And in last place.."
I had to turn Shoot Em Up off after about 30 minutes, it was dreadful.
Wed 23/03/11 at 13:00
Regular
"I like turtles"
Butch wrote:
smittywillemanjensen wrote:
[i]waynes world

Get out.[/i]

+1 Waynes World was great.

Watched Due Date the other night,it was basically a pretty poor remake of Planes,Trains & Automobiles.Not really in the worst films of all time category but I couldn't be bothered to switch threads.
Wed 23/03/11 at 12:22
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
smittywillemanjensen wrote:
waynes world

Get out.
Tue 22/03/11 at 22:59
Regular
waynes world 1 and 2
Tue 22/03/11 at 15:34
"The Videogame King"
The Steven Seagal movie I watched a few days ago Strike Force was pretty bad.

I watched a movie from Smash Cuts a long time ago called The Super Sci-Fi Shorts Fest. It was one of those movies that I liked and hated at the same time.

The Blair Witch Project is without a doubt the worst film I've ever seen.
Sun 21/11/10 at 13:44
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I never thought Avatar would win Best Picture and I was right. I like to think it was only nominated because it made a billion dollars.

On the subject of bad films, I've seen some terrible movies. If you've ever watched Mystery Science Theatre 3000, you've probably seen a fair few. Away from those, I've actually sat through Glitter. That's the one starring Mariah Carey. That's one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
Sun 21/11/10 at 11:07
Regular
"Monochromatic"
pete_21 wrote:
If you are then fine,everyone's entitled to their opinions.There are quite a few things many people have loved that I didn't care for.Avatar is one that springs to mind.Personally I found it far too long,very predictable and couldn't find an original idea in the damn thing.I would sum up Avatar as little more than Pocahontas,Dances With Wolves & Brother Bear, mixed together and set it in space.That's my opinion and yet it got nominated for a best picture Oscar and most people seemed to love it ?.I didn't think it was a terrible film,merely a very average one.

Avatar scored 8.3 on IMDB,so perhaps the site does suck after all ! :)

It's Ferngully: The Last Rainforest with improved visuals and inferior writing.
Sun 21/11/10 at 10:15
Regular
"eat toast!"
the davinci code.

Its very rare for me to even critercise a movie as long as it entertained me, but my god, that was an awful movie.

If the book was like that, i would have missed out on nothing. The problem was that the story was completely rushed, the plot was crap and the main character (robert langdon?) came out as some sort of annoying know it all, solving puzzles that eluded everyone for centuries in less then 5 minutes staring at a damn wall.

Christ on a stick, the acting was hamfisted and it was one big expensive failure in my eyes.

Alone in the dark had to come close to one of the worst. The nostalgia critic summed it up very, very well. It was poorly made and the plot was just terrible. strange that there was a sequel that went straight to dvd/video.

I would put avatar on here, but its not that bad. IF YOU WERE A 12 YEAR OLD.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.