GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Good old Unreal Tournament"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Unreal Tournament'.
Sun 06/04/03 at 14:34
Regular
It’s been a while since I last played this futuristic shooter on my PC but there I was looking through various boxes looking for the cd labelled Unreal tournament, after throwing everything from pens to Papa roach cd’s across the room I finally found it, issue one of Playboy. As I sat there looking at all the naughty topless woman pictures I started to notice something, all the good looking girls had staples through their breasts, typical.

Anyway after that two minute distraction I clean myself down and carried on looking for my Unreal Tournament disc which I could have sworn was in the same box as all my other junk but it wasn’t, so I thought maybe it’s in my computer desk draw, so I walked over to my computer desk and opened the draw to see if I had dumped it in there but there was no UT cd there, just a few PS2 games, a couple of dvd’s and a packet of strawberry flavoured condoms.

I next tried looking behind furniture such as my desk, chest of draws and wardrobe that seem to hide loads of stuff behind their dark shadowy back boards (usually dust) but it wasn’t meant to be so a slumped into my twisty chair in front of my PC and decided to play a song on it for a change, so I selected my Nicelback album from my cd holder and opened up disc tray to find, my Unreal tournament cd laying there in the disc tray staring right back at me, so I though stuff the music I will installed Unreal Tournament on to my computer instead.

After an hour of revisiting the good old classic death match chaos, my mother walks into my room asking me the usual motherly questions while moaning about her day at work, she walks over to my computer and watches me firing rockets at an unsuspecting bot while complaining about the amount of blood and guts I just coloured the wall with, she then walks away and suddenly says “What’s this?” I turned around and there was my mother holding my Playboy magazine aaaaagggghhhhhhh, oh well at least I found my UT game again.

Thank you for reading.

FS
Sun 06/04/03 at 21:15
Regular
You only talk about the graphics i started TO almost 3 years ago it looked crap but was so addictive..
Hopefully the new patch will stop them cheaters.
Sun 06/04/03 at 21:11
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
They all have bad points:

UT - Very playable but too easy to master
TO - Excellent graphics but ridden with cheaters
UT2K3 - Excellent graphics but strays from original UT too much :|
Sun 06/04/03 at 20:43
Regular
"gsybe you!"
UT is one of the coolest games ever.

Played it first time with Breed by Nirvana on, alochol in system, and on the c-l-a-s-s-i-c Overlord level.

Fun.
Sun 06/04/03 at 15:46
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I never really liked Tactical Ops myself, it kinda spoilt the idea of UT being futuristic etc.

I just think theres something about UT that 2003 doesn't have.
Sun 06/04/03 at 15:43
Regular
Yep. I tried infiltration but back then weapons used to go through solid textures.
Sun 06/04/03 at 15:41
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I take it you're talking about Tactical Ops?
Sun 06/04/03 at 15:39
Regular
People have opinions i actually bought ut2k3 and i'm going to enjoy it first UT was okay but then i went on to play a mod for it mostly.
Sun 06/04/03 at 15:31
Regular
"A man with a stick"
UT 2003 has nicer graphics, but it isn't as good as the original UT.
Sun 06/04/03 at 15:30
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Have you actually played the original?
Sun 06/04/03 at 15:28
No, levels are definatly better, the controll is definatley better and you can turn doublr jump off...
And the levels are not too big atall...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.