GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[Game] Scrabble 2007 Edition"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Scrabble 2007 Edition'.
Tue 14/09/10 at 13:21
Regular
When I first saw this game I immediately wanted it. It's been years since I've played Scrabble and I really fancied playing a game of it.
Scrabble 2007 DS is just like the real scrabble game. The board is the same and has those double word scores, triple letter scores and the wonderful triple word scores.
From the main menu you can play a quick game which is a single player game against the DS, you choose which character to play against, if you haven't played the career mode there will just be the one, and it's quite an easy opponent.

Then there's the career mode. You start off playing an easy opponent and once you beat them, you move onto a harder opponent. If you lose, you can try again, and again, and again...
I haven't managed to complete the career mode I'm stuck about half way through, it's been a few years since I've played Scrabble! However each time I try I am getting much better at it so I don't think it's going to be much longer before I beat my next opponent.

I am learning new words whilst playing against the DS, as well as many of those infamous 2 letterd words which have me thinking most of them are made up, when do you ever hear anyone saying most of them! If you attempt to put down a word that isn't in the Scrabble dictionary it will tell you so and put your tiles back on your rack. When you do put a word down a quick definition scrolls along a little scroll bar, which is handy when the DS comes up with some strange words and you can learn what they mean. As with the real game, you can swap some of your tiles instead of taking your turn, or you can pass your turn altogether. You can arrange the tiles on the rack by dragging them about, it's very easy to do and isn't complicated. Sometimes putting letters on the board can be a bit fiddly but this rarely happens for me.

A great thing is the DS opponents put down words in a few seconds, meaning you aren't sitting there waiting for someone to take their turn. So far in career mode I can have as long as I like to think about what word to put down and where, but I have heard that the further you get into the game you turns become timed.

As well as Scrabble itself there are also some mini games. These are called Anagrams, Escaletters and Puzzletters. You have to reach a certain score in the first game, or get through 100 games before you can unlock the next game. They are quite fun to play and help you practice at thinking up some good words for playing Scrabble.

This DS game would be good for younger players, I noticed when I start up the game it asks if I want to play in 'Junior Mode' which I can only assume is a mode made for younger players. It's certainly great for anyone wanting to build up your skills and learn some new words.
The game does have wi-fi capability if you want to play against a friend.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Tue 14/09/10 at 13:21
Regular
When I first saw this game I immediately wanted it. It's been years since I've played Scrabble and I really fancied playing a game of it.
Scrabble 2007 DS is just like the real scrabble game. The board is the same and has those double word scores, triple letter scores and the wonderful triple word scores.
From the main menu you can play a quick game which is a single player game against the DS, you choose which character to play against, if you haven't played the career mode there will just be the one, and it's quite an easy opponent.

Then there's the career mode. You start off playing an easy opponent and once you beat them, you move onto a harder opponent. If you lose, you can try again, and again, and again...
I haven't managed to complete the career mode I'm stuck about half way through, it's been a few years since I've played Scrabble! However each time I try I am getting much better at it so I don't think it's going to be much longer before I beat my next opponent.

I am learning new words whilst playing against the DS, as well as many of those infamous 2 letterd words which have me thinking most of them are made up, when do you ever hear anyone saying most of them! If you attempt to put down a word that isn't in the Scrabble dictionary it will tell you so and put your tiles back on your rack. When you do put a word down a quick definition scrolls along a little scroll bar, which is handy when the DS comes up with some strange words and you can learn what they mean. As with the real game, you can swap some of your tiles instead of taking your turn, or you can pass your turn altogether. You can arrange the tiles on the rack by dragging them about, it's very easy to do and isn't complicated. Sometimes putting letters on the board can be a bit fiddly but this rarely happens for me.

A great thing is the DS opponents put down words in a few seconds, meaning you aren't sitting there waiting for someone to take their turn. So far in career mode I can have as long as I like to think about what word to put down and where, but I have heard that the further you get into the game you turns become timed.

As well as Scrabble itself there are also some mini games. These are called Anagrams, Escaletters and Puzzletters. You have to reach a certain score in the first game, or get through 100 games before you can unlock the next game. They are quite fun to play and help you practice at thinking up some good words for playing Scrabble.

This DS game would be good for younger players, I noticed when I start up the game it asks if I want to play in 'Junior Mode' which I can only assume is a mode made for younger players. It's certainly great for anyone wanting to build up your skills and learn some new words.
The game does have wi-fi capability if you want to play against a friend.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.