GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pikmin 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'pikmin 2'.
Wed 23/04/03 at 13:04
Regular
Considering how many people are going mad over the recent release of Screenshots for Mario Kart I've decided to do a post on other big E3 game. So here we go, info gained via Nintendo's official website:

The company he works for is going bankrupt, so to save it, Olimar must salvage the treasure buried all over the planet. His company's debt is a whopping 10,000 pokos- luckily, Olimar brought an assistant, so if the two of them can delegate their work well, they should be able to erase that debt in no time! Of course, they'll need the help of the Pikmin to do that-these two can't do anything by themselves. Alternate controlling the main characters-Olimar and his assistant-as you command your Pikmin to defeat enemies, propagate more Pikmin, collect precious doodads, and solve puzzles. With no time limit, new colors of Pikmin, and two-player cooperative play, Pikmin 2 improves on the original in every way.

Cool ;)
Thu 24/04/03 at 22:58
Regular
I think he's returning to the world of the Pikmin....

This really looks great I cannot wait for it!
Thu 24/04/03 at 22:36
"period drama"
Just been thinking.

In the first one, Olimar comments on how he can't think at how the plants got so big. Meaning that he'd be used to normal sized plants and, presumably, animals and everything.
Sooo ..... if the game's set on his planet, everything should be in proportion, right?
Riiiight.
Thu 24/04/03 at 02:05
Regular
davidsobell wrote:
> I found Pikmin hard but then I only played the first few levels while
> I was drunk and haven't played it since.

When you're drunk you must feel like you're tripping.
Thu 24/04/03 at 00:29
Regular
vorderman wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> But hey no time-limit... no time management... will it be as good?
>
> The day time bar's still there, so there's still daily time limit.

Oh yeah never considered that... I wonder if you can play in the dark...
Wed 23/04/03 at 17:25
Regular
"She's a dog!"
I found Pikmin hard but then I only played the first few levels while I was drunk and haven't played it since.
Wed 23/04/03 at 16:37
Regular
"past,present&future"
Dringo wrote:
> But hey no time-limit... no time management... will it be as good?

The day time bar's still there, so there's still daily time limit.

Maybe just not a limited number of days, total. But then 30 days was very easy on Pikmin (1).

It's all about the least days possible, so I don't see removing the total days time limit will make much difference.

Can't wait.

Hope it's big.
Wed 23/04/03 at 16:25
Regular
"past,present&future"
Lipe wrote:
> Having never played the original Pikmin, I don't know what's so great,
> maybe I'll buy it...

Go and buy it now.

Go on.
Wed 23/04/03 at 13:23
Regular
Creepy.......very creepy....
Wed 23/04/03 at 13:22
Regular
Ok the white pikmin have red eyes... I'm scared.
Wed 23/04/03 at 13:12
Regular
Wow Blue, Red, Yellow, White (possibly pink) and a giant purple one... cool.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.