GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Notables & Warnings"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/07/06 at 08:36
Regular
Notables

Were you one? Did you want to be one? Should we still have them?

I wasn't one and actually I don't think I recevied a single vote lol. I didn't mind them at first and the elections made the forums quite busy. I was happy when a lot of the good posters were made notables as I felt they really deserved it, probably those who were more helpful and I guess the comedians who entertained us. Should we bring them back? I dunno :S Probably not have elections every 3 months or keep them as notables forum I'm not sure. Maybe someone else has an idea.

Warnings

You remember those little yellow cards, do you think they plan to still use them? I've never had one myself but they didn't seem that bad, I mean you could still win GAD and vote in the notable elections, couldnt you?
Sat 08/07/06 at 11:24
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
I would quite like to see Notables back. A new start so why not have new notables. The forums are picking up so many people could vote every 3 months although you couldn't have demote a notable. It is really up to the staff but i recon it should come back.
Thu 06/07/06 at 17:35
Regular
"8==="
Not fussed.
Thu 06/07/06 at 16:38
Regular
"RIP English_Bloke"
Timmargh wrote:
> I was a Notable but I think it was just a sympathy vote ...

It was Tim. I had a word with all the users mothers and got them to tell them to be nice to you.

I say no to Notables. Knowing my luck I'd win and not be able to moan about being the forums "nearly" man.
Thu 06/07/06 at 14:59
Regular
I voted for you because I thought you were one of the nicest posters on here. :^)

Biggles was another one I voted for to show my appreciation for all his help (he saved me from some bad purchases). Hope he can find the time to post here again. [I]"What a guy!"[/I]
Thu 06/07/06 at 14:51
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I was a Notable but I think it was just a sympathy vote ...
Thu 06/07/06 at 14:41
Regular
"..."
I never had a warning...

I came very close to being a noteable in the last days of the old forum, but Tony screwed me out of it...(only kidding Toné).
Thu 06/07/06 at 13:53
Regular
I liked most of the posters who were notables, not bothered about the titles.
Thu 06/07/06 at 13:37
Regular
"Mooching around"
I'm sure Tony or some other staffy, said that they have gotten rid of them to help along the whole "New Start" thing. I think it was also said that they won't be making a return.

I liked them though, it gave people someone to look out for.
Thu 06/07/06 at 08:49
"possibly impossible"
I was one, though the election process for mine caused a few mutterings (Goatboy won and I got in because most of the other Notables voted for me).

But I don't mind either way. I think there's not really enough traffic for all that yet...
Thu 06/07/06 at 08:36
Regular
Notables

Were you one? Did you want to be one? Should we still have them?

I wasn't one and actually I don't think I recevied a single vote lol. I didn't mind them at first and the elections made the forums quite busy. I was happy when a lot of the good posters were made notables as I felt they really deserved it, probably those who were more helpful and I guess the comedians who entertained us. Should we bring them back? I dunno :S Probably not have elections every 3 months or keep them as notables forum I'm not sure. Maybe someone else has an idea.

Warnings

You remember those little yellow cards, do you think they plan to still use them? I've never had one myself but they didn't seem that bad, I mean you could still win GAD and vote in the notable elections, couldnt you?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.