GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"when you say 'lower' end......"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/05/03 at 12:44
Regular
im surprised to say that the way people write the Special Reserve mag and rank graphics cards as lower, middle and higher end, it really puts me off. exactly what does lower end mean?
Wed 07/05/03 at 18:43
Regular
You are one of those superstitious people thinking about their pc's cooling aren't you. don't need to worry with the GF FX ! Tho i'll be getting an ATI card next.
Wed 07/05/03 at 17:51
Regular
Memorandum wrote:
> Get a Radeon 9800 Pro.
>
> Cheaper than a GFFX 5800 Ultra, and a better card overall.
>
> Quieter too.

seeing as my PC case is open, but beside a wall, it does actually matter slightly wether it is noisy or not. right now, i can hear the medium-pitched hum of the fans going hard at work. imagine if that fan took up TWO slot bays.
Wed 07/05/03 at 13:37
Regular
Should work fine on DX8 cos most games now are DX8..
Tue 06/05/03 at 12:59
Regular
"Not your monkey"
§niper wrote:
> Won't use direct 9 for a while in most games.

I think I'm right in saying that Vice City is DX9.

Hope they convert it better than they did the last one.
Tue 06/05/03 at 08:00
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
§niper wrote:
> A R9700 pro might be cheaper if u dont win the lottery but that's if u
> have the money cos its still expensive.
> I doubt you will win the lottery but i would get a R9800 pro if i did
> :p

There's a 1 in 1.76 million chance of winning the jackpot- it's almost unfeasable.
Mon 05/05/03 at 23:46
Regular
A R9700 pro might be cheaper if u dont win the lottery but that's if u have the money cos its still expensive.
I doubt you will win the lottery but i would get a R9800 pro if i did :p
Mon 05/05/03 at 21:24
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Get a Radeon 9800 Pro.

Cheaper than a GFFX 5800 Ultra, and a better card overall.

Quieter too.
Mon 05/05/03 at 21:17
Regular
now that i think about it, im even trying to win some dosh on the irish lottery to get enough money to buy a geforce FX5800 ultra for me, my dad and my bro-in-law. i do the numbers, and mum just gets em on a ticket down tut bookies. my mum thinks im lucky, because she thinks 3 GAD's is amazing. not amazing, just skill, and talent. when i do, ill feel all warm and fuzzy when i give one to em. and maybe ill buy my sis and my mum loadsa jewellery, and a holiday.

yup.........
Mon 05/05/03 at 16:48
Regular
ATI fans saying it proven for the future but im getting a Radeon for its power not Dirext X 9 compatibility.
Mon 05/05/03 at 11:28
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Indeed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.