GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MGS3 impressing anyone?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater'.
Wed 14/05/03 at 18:26
Regular
Not me. Well, not really. Of course, it looks great and all, but hiding behind trees? Nah...

I can't see how trees would carry off the stealth thing as well as the previous games did. And you can climb them. I can't see how that's going to be easy.

This'll either be a stunning return to form or it'll sink lower in people's estimations. I think it might have had its day.
Thu 15/05/03 at 19:31
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I've not been impressed by a game in quite a while and MGS3 hasn't changed that. I just thought it sucked a bit how they tried to make the video exactly the same as one of the MGS2 videos. The jumping off the waterfall did look pretty cool but it just looks exactly the same as when he jumps off Metal Gear in MGS2. And then all that hunched over the gun as he fires it constantly to the over dramatic music - just like in the MGS2 vid.
Thu 15/05/03 at 19:07
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
It does look impressive, I just hope most of it is not jungle based. I don't think it'll work as well.

It's probably some hideous back-story, similar to how the two sections of MGS2 take place at different times, only this will be further back in time. That's my prediction, anyway.
Thu 15/05/03 at 16:06
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Dont care what you lot think, but it certainly looks impressive.
Thu 15/05/03 at 09:23
Regular
"Complete Banker"
El Nå†ßu© wrote:
> I think it loos good. Doubt the whole game will be set in the jungle.
> Adter all, no one saw the Big Sheel right up until MGS2's release...

Indeed, the fact is that we can't really judge the game purely in this short clip, as much of the game might not be jungle based at all (I just hope we get to play as Snake!). The MGS games have been excellent so far and while there was too much Codec Dialogue and FMV in Sons Of Liberty, the gameplay sections were excellent.

I await more in pensive anticipation.....
Wed 14/05/03 at 21:03
Regular
"  "
I think it loos good. Doubt the whole game will be set in the jungle. Adter all, no one saw the Big Sheel right up until MGS2's release...
Wed 14/05/03 at 20:26
Regular
It's going to be basically a 9-hour long 'Kojima sees how good PS2 graphics can be', with a storyline put in at some point. With Vampire and Invincible Electricity Woman already in the MG saga, what next? An evil talking tree who shoots stuff from it's leaves? How about an alligator who rides around on a bike trying to bite Snake?

Fun..
Wed 14/05/03 at 18:55
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Yep. I can't believe they had the audacity to put the same sections into MGS2 as were in MGS - sure it fits into the storyline, but it's primarily a GAME.
Wed 14/05/03 at 18:53
"period drama"
Only time will tell.

Either Mr Kojima has taken on board all critisism and changed his game accordingly, taking out pointless, boring bits, and adding bits that are good (but NOT taken straight out of the others).
OR he could have realised that whether the game's good or bad - it's MGS, so will sell, and he will be rich - so churns out some lame-arsed crap.

Hmmm ...
Wed 14/05/03 at 18:26
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Not me. Well, not really. Of course, it looks great and all, but hiding behind trees? Nah...

I can't see how trees would carry off the stealth thing as well as the previous games did. And you can climb them. I can't see how that's going to be easy.

This'll either be a stunning return to form or it'll sink lower in people's estimations. I think it might have had its day.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.