GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"iPhone 4 review"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/07/10 at 12:38
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
iPhone 4

Okay so I was one of the lucky 16,000 UK customers who managed to get their grubby hands on Apple’s latest bit of kit the iPhone 4. When I say lucky I mean lucky as o2 should really sort their customer services out as I managed to get the 32GB version as an early upgrade and for minimal cost. I’m sure the advisor did it wrong, but who am I to complain.

So next day the phone arrives, and what a remarkably beautiful phone it is. Its sleak and shiny and the change from plastic to metal casing from my 3G is amazing. It feels more sturdy and strong and its almost too pretty to put a case on it. The phone is considerably thinner that the previous iPhone models and because of this it make the whole phone seem tiny.

The screen is incredibly sharp, making the smallest detail ever so clear. I tried the BBC website on both my 3G and iPhone 4 and the level of clarity on the new one is sensational, without zooming you can still read text, its super clear non pixelated view makes you wonder why it has taken Apple this long to incorporate the equivalent of HD into the phone when HD televisions etc have been making it to the forefront of viewing for a couple of years.

Most of the big name developers have already upgraded their apps to work with the Retina display, updating their icons and graphics to be clearer and sharp.

The multitasking is another big addition to IOS4, which obviously isn’t just for iPhone 4 but the 3GS aswell. The majority of the apps have been updated to work with this function, it makes for a much nicer experience being able to swap between apps, to texts, to the internet etc easily, effortlessly and in most case without losing the save state or information.

There is also now an autofocusing 5MP camera with the abilty or take pictures in macro mode. It also geotags the images so you can sort by place within your photos section. The camera is really nice, the only problem is that it would have been a good idea to have a button to take the pictures, but this is the only negative I have found with the whole phone at the moment.

The video camera and iMovie is a new thing for me, obviously the 3GS allowed video but my 3G didn’t. The video capture quality is brilliant and within iMovie you can edit the video, you can incorporate pictures and music from your iPod and then export it to a very impressive HD quality 720p

The battery is one of the bigger upgrades on the new iPhone, it now lasts the whole day at a minimum compared to my extremely inefficient 3G. There are still some tweaks needed in your settings to get the most out of your battery, but for 2 hours iPod music with the phone in Standby it only takes around 4% battery which is incredible when my old phone would of taken 20%.

Overall I am extremely happy with my new iPhone, I have had no problems with the signal or yellow spots on the screen as some others were reporting and I am finding the whole experience enjoyable and fun. If you have an iPhone already I definitely would recommend upgrading and if you don’t have an iPhone at all then what are you wanting for, get on the preorder list.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Thu 01/07/10 at 12:38
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
iPhone 4

Okay so I was one of the lucky 16,000 UK customers who managed to get their grubby hands on Apple’s latest bit of kit the iPhone 4. When I say lucky I mean lucky as o2 should really sort their customer services out as I managed to get the 32GB version as an early upgrade and for minimal cost. I’m sure the advisor did it wrong, but who am I to complain.

So next day the phone arrives, and what a remarkably beautiful phone it is. Its sleak and shiny and the change from plastic to metal casing from my 3G is amazing. It feels more sturdy and strong and its almost too pretty to put a case on it. The phone is considerably thinner that the previous iPhone models and because of this it make the whole phone seem tiny.

The screen is incredibly sharp, making the smallest detail ever so clear. I tried the BBC website on both my 3G and iPhone 4 and the level of clarity on the new one is sensational, without zooming you can still read text, its super clear non pixelated view makes you wonder why it has taken Apple this long to incorporate the equivalent of HD into the phone when HD televisions etc have been making it to the forefront of viewing for a couple of years.

Most of the big name developers have already upgraded their apps to work with the Retina display, updating their icons and graphics to be clearer and sharp.

The multitasking is another big addition to IOS4, which obviously isn’t just for iPhone 4 but the 3GS aswell. The majority of the apps have been updated to work with this function, it makes for a much nicer experience being able to swap between apps, to texts, to the internet etc easily, effortlessly and in most case without losing the save state or information.

There is also now an autofocusing 5MP camera with the abilty or take pictures in macro mode. It also geotags the images so you can sort by place within your photos section. The camera is really nice, the only problem is that it would have been a good idea to have a button to take the pictures, but this is the only negative I have found with the whole phone at the moment.

The video camera and iMovie is a new thing for me, obviously the 3GS allowed video but my 3G didn’t. The video capture quality is brilliant and within iMovie you can edit the video, you can incorporate pictures and music from your iPod and then export it to a very impressive HD quality 720p

The battery is one of the bigger upgrades on the new iPhone, it now lasts the whole day at a minimum compared to my extremely inefficient 3G. There are still some tweaks needed in your settings to get the most out of your battery, but for 2 hours iPod music with the phone in Standby it only takes around 4% battery which is incredible when my old phone would of taken 20%.

Overall I am extremely happy with my new iPhone, I have had no problems with the signal or yellow spots on the screen as some others were reporting and I am finding the whole experience enjoyable and fun. If you have an iPhone already I definitely would recommend upgrading and if you don’t have an iPhone at all then what are you wanting for, get on the preorder list.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.