GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Brute Force in 3,2,1 days!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Brute Force'.
Tue 17/06/03 at 20:24
Regular
After a very long wait, Brute Force is nearly upon is. Released on the 20th, I choose it as a GAD! Im not expecting it to turn up on the 20th (It is free after all, so im not complaining) but at least I know its on its way come Friday!

Anybody else getting this game? If so, and you have broadband, see you online via Gamespy XBOX Portal eh? Should be good...very good...Plus Live downloads!

Canna wait!
Wed 25/06/03 at 15:09
Regular
"accidental superher"
i thought it was pretty good offline...i ain't really played it online yet so can't comment
Wed 25/06/03 at 12:59
Regular
It's great offline as well....IMO.

Little short lived but was excellent on the PC and looks to be even better on XBox.
Wed 25/06/03 at 00:08
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Wolfenstine is great online- its best feature.
Tue 24/06/03 at 21:13
Regular
Of course I've played it.

I started working through episode 1. Basically, I got a missions and went to a small, very linear forest area. I found the guy and disc and went back.

Then I got the next mission, I went to the same forest area and found the guy, then I had to find his four capsules, then I went back. Surprise surprise, the next mission had me going back to exactly the same small, linear forest area to look for something else.

Now combat, that involved rubbing up to an enemy and pressing the attack button. Then two minutes later when he's finished swinging I press attack again.

That is all there was to it, apart from when I had to run back a bit to use a health potion.

It's unbeleivably crap. A pathetic excuse for a game.
Tue 24/06/03 at 20:59
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Okay, for starters:

*Crap controls.
*Crap level design that has you going in circles in search of key/switch/gameplay
*Enemies barely react to shots, earlier I stood IN FRONT of a soldier in the game and it took 8 shots at point blank to down him, and he stood there as shot after shot hit him, still firing at me.
*Grenades are like firecrackers
*Graphics are crap
*The game is basically Wolfenstein 3D dressed up, except that game was fun...

For it's sake it better be good on Live or it will be on eBay come Friday...

I don't get it, Live started well with Ghost Recon and Mech Assault, but since then no game has really got my attention on it.
Tue 24/06/03 at 20:47
Regular
Practical Magic wrote:
> Now if you want a game that does suck look no further than Return To
> Castle Wolfenstein....

Why do you say that?

Its a FPS game and it delivers some top notch FPS action.
Tue 24/06/03 at 20:46
Regular
I'm wondering if you've even played it ? Certainly not a button masher one.

Now if you want a game that does suck look no further than Return To Castle Wolfenstein....
Tue 24/06/03 at 20:17
Regular
Yes it is.

The game is just a button masher, but because it takes them half an hour to swing their weapon you can't even mash the buttons.
Tue 24/06/03 at 17:49
Regular
There are 4 presets, then you hold down the R Trigger to change what the 4 buttons do, and you can customize those shortcuts.

I've played it for about 10 hours offline now and it's pretty enjoyable, and I wouldn't say the combat was that bad either, definitely not slow !
Tue 24/06/03 at 17:33
Regular
Yes you can, taking into account that you'll need button for the basic moves, you can configure 4 different spells to button presses on a control pad.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.