GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shenmue 3 CONFIRMED!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Shenmue 2'.
Mon 14/07/03 at 21:00
Regular
***SHENMUE 3 HAS BEEN CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

What great news this is. Anyone who thinks this is a load of rubbish, then PLEASE check out shenmuedojo which has proof that the third installment in this epic saga is going to go ahead!!!!!

Some people may think, big deal it was always going to be released, and soem may say, who cares? I dont care to be honest,I am jsut sooooooo happy that FINALLY us Shenmue fans will be able to finish the epic story Yu Suzuki spent so long creating!!!

What a great day!!!
Sat 26/07/03 at 18:30
Regular
"The Dwarf's coming"
Sega AM2 representatives have confirmed that development has begun on Shenmue 3. Tentatively titled "Shenmue III: Special Edition", the game will reportedly contain the two previous Shenmue games as well as the third title. This makes all 16 chapters playable in a single purchase!

It is still unknown whether the games will be on separate discs, or a single media. Also, no platform has been announced but the game is expected to ship on XBox as AM2 have given a timeframe on further information which co-incides neatly with Microsoft's own X03 announcement in France in September of this year.

The English translation of AM2's announcement reads: "Approximately one-year and ten months since Shenmue II was released and we are gradually getting the development of Shenmue III moving! But, currently it has not been decided for any console. We would like to make a special edition of the game, which will include the rest of the storyline. If possible, we would like to have it start from Chapter 1 and develop it as Shenmue III: Special Edition. A Special Edition of long-awaited Shenmue III. (Shenmue LOVE ?)"
Wed 23/07/03 at 20:24
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Now that it has been confirmed, I'm starting to look forward to this more than the next GTA game! And for me, that's quite something.
Sun 20/07/03 at 19:20
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Great news isnt it?
Sat 19/07/03 at 19:37
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
W00t! Shenmue 3 :D
Fri 18/07/03 at 21:32
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
***NEW NEWS ON SHENMUE 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

QUOTED FROM SHENMUEDOJO:

>>Representatives at Sega-AM2 have just confirmed that news about Shenmue: Special Edition is to include Shenmue I, II and III. AM2 has decided that Shenmue III will be known as Shenmue III: Special Edition. The game has been decided to be developed in such as fashion due to the franchise being on the DC and Xbox. No pricing point has been confirmed or if it will be on seperate mediums (CDs). AM2 has edited the information on the homepage and it's English translation is below as follows:

"Approximately one-year and ten months since Shenmue II was released and we are gradually getting the development of Shenmue III moving! But, currently it has not been decided for any console. We would like to make a special edition of the game, which will include the rest of the storyline. If possible, we would like to have it start from Chapter 1 and develop it as Shenmue III: Special Edition. A Special Edition of long-awaited Shenmue III. (Shenmue LOVE ?)" (Translation done by Zhao)

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW.... THERE SHOULD BE NO ONE IN THE WHOLE WORLD WHO CAN STILL BE SCEPTACLE!!!!!!

What great, great news this is. Development is WELL underway!!

C_K

:)
Fri 18/07/03 at 21:28
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Like I said I don't really care what you believe or how sceptical you
> are. The game willbe released before 2005 and thats good enough for
> me.

--Exactly! I dont know why people are soooo sceptacle, this is not a crappy rumour! Its been CONFIRMED!!!

Shenmuedojo said it was confirmed, that site has many links to other sites which state Shenmue 3 is confirmed, IGN have Shenmue down as a 2005 (i think) release date and EVEN special reserve had news on it being confirmed! I even quoted the news script for people to see.

I understand people being sceptical when there were rumours about what was going to happen, but it has been confirmed, so wots the problem?????

Jeez!
Fri 18/07/03 at 12:19
Regular
Like I said I don't really care what you believe or how sceptical you are. The game willbe released before 2005 and thats good enough for me.
Fri 18/07/03 at 08:57
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
"Believe it when you see it" should be the motto of every gamer. Until I see a boxed retail copy of Shenmue 3, or a playable demo then I'll be sceptical. No official site anywhere says the equivalent of 'Shenmue 3 will be out INSERT DATE'.
Thu 17/07/03 at 19:16
Regular
Of course its going to be a game. They left the second on a knife edge, they have already said there won't be one long CGI and some people from within AM2 have already said there will be a third. You can go on some little snippts which say its nothing but hype however there will be a Shenmue 3 game before the end of 2005.
Thu 17/07/03 at 19:14
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
And a news snippet in the new Games TM also indicates that Shenmue 3 is possibly little more than hyperactive internet gossip - the creator is quoted as saying he is not content with stopping at Shenmue 3, but makes no firm reference to another Shenmue game, this also ties in with the EGM info I posted earlier in the thread.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.