GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mac vs PC"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/05/10 at 17:44
Regular
"benji"
with the ever growing mac market and sails souring i think it time to re-evaluate weather the pc has become the mini man of the market and as Steve jobs opens the gaming market to apple with new mac software and ipad/ipod growing with there mega apps can microsoft and the pc gaming. what's your thought's?
Mon 03/05/10 at 18:56
"Are you sure?"
Benjamin Hunter wrote:
> I took a long breath. :)

:¬)
Fair enough! ...and welcome to the forums.

I'm very happy with all my Windows based kit.
I like the fact that so many people develop Windows s/w - both free and paid for.

In my opinion Apple products do seem over priced and after recently working on a friend's Macbook Pro I wasn't overly impressed...

But I'm no 'gamer'; so my thoughts may not count as I think that was the crux of your question?

FYI if you are after more Apple/MS debate have you seen this other recent post? iPhone 4

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 03/05/10 at 18:32
"possibly impossible"
Thing is that Apple will never sell enough of their PCs to compete against Windows based PCs because they're not made by any one company and components can be sourced very cheaply, corners can be cut etc.

Advantages of PCs are the price and flexibility of hardware which allows for people to put their own together, fiddle with hardware and add open OSs. Software is more numerous too. If only the Mac had the same app system as the iPhone.

Advantages of Mac are reliability, user friendly and fast OS with good support.

Obviously disadvantages are easy to see from the opposite of the competition.
Mon 03/05/10 at 18:26
Regular
"benji"
I took a long breath. :)
Mon 03/05/10 at 18:23
"Are you sure?"
Benjamin Hunter wrote:
> what's your thought's?

That's a 'helluva' looooooong sentence! ;¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 03/05/10 at 17:44
Regular
"benji"
with the ever growing mac market and sails souring i think it time to re-evaluate weather the pc has become the mini man of the market and as Steve jobs opens the gaming market to apple with new mac software and ipad/ipod growing with there mega apps can microsoft and the pc gaming. what's your thought's?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.