GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rhythm Paradise Review"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Rhythm Heaven'.
Sun 02/05/10 at 16:22
Regular
Rhythm Paradise is probably one of the best games up to date! Read on for more.......(BUY IT FOR £5.00 AT TESCO, 'CAUSE I DID!)

GREAT VALUE, AMAZING GAMEPLAY, ADDICTIVE FUN.......

Highly recommended...
Rhythm Paradise is a game which tests your concentration, rhythm and timing skills. Basically, it's not really a whole game, but it's over 50 little exquisite minigames put together, to create a DS delight. Each minigame has a theme, of perky characters or things doing a certain activity, which is where your skill comes in. All you have to do is follow the rhythm and tap, slide or flick, depending on the instructions. For example: You have to flick the stylus to return the ball in Rhythm Rally . Got it so far? Great. It's so simple, yet addictive. You have to try and get ratings. Also, it's up to you if you want to keep on practising a certain minigame, or do every one until you reach the end.

Every time you get an O.K rating in a minigame, you unlock a new minigame. Saves the frustration of trying extra hard to get a perfect rating for like a month, just to unlock a new minigame.
That is just fabulous!
Every time you get a Superb rating, you get a medal.
Every time you get a Perfect rating, you get a reward, like a article or some music for the cafe.
If you do very bad, you'll get a Try Again message and others, which means you'll have to improve!

Extras
There is a cafe and a medal room.
~Every time you get a medal, it gets added to your medal count. When you get enough medals, certain games and rhythm toys will be unlocked in the "medal room". There are also guitar courses(technical and beginner.)
Tap on the medal icon in the bottom corner on the game selection screen, to go to the medal room.
~The Cafe is the place you'll want to go to chill, chat to the Barista and get help, practise flicking and listen to music/read articles you've unlocked.

Too much Paradise?!
Rhythm Paradise is a brilliant game, but I think it's a bit over the top. I seem to enjoy it because Cooking Mama is way over the top!! There is quite alot of features and games, but it seems to grab people's attention and not bore them to death(like Gardening Mama-sheesh!)
Post your thoughts!

Other Comments
This game is tight, solid and has a great variety of themes. It's got rock, grace, beach and just classic. There are loads of others too!
I just found this game so addictive, and it just completely lifts your spirits up. This game is so hard to put down sometimes because it interferes with your mind. It's a mixture of puzzle, rhythm and mainly music. Seriously, it will make you as jolly as a rodger!
Ratings
Gameplay 9/10
Graphics 10/10
Uniqueness 9/10
Extra Features 8/10
Total: 36/40(or even more!)

This game is for the young and old! Especially people with a good sense of timing and rhythm! Test your rhythm!
Fri 07/05/10 at 19:46
Regular
Thanks...I knew the answer was obvious.... :)
Fri 07/05/10 at 17:50
"possibly impossible"
Just keep doing reviews like this, basically!
Wed 05/05/10 at 18:42
Regular
pb wrote:
> Nice review.
>
> I remember seeing this on the Gamestation 'countdown to launch'
> shelf but then forgot all about it.
>
> Seems like it could be quite fun but I'm getting bored of rhythm
> action games now I think.
Thanks, this may be my best review attempt yet! Thanks for all your help Freeola! PB, I know your a really good review writer, so could you possibly give me a few tips for writing reviews?
Tue 04/05/10 at 14:35
"possibly impossible"
Nice review.

I remember seeing this on the Gamestation 'countdown to launch' shelf but then forgot all about it.

Seems like it could be quite fun but I'm getting bored of rhythm action games now I think.
Sun 02/05/10 at 16:22
Regular
Rhythm Paradise is probably one of the best games up to date! Read on for more.......(BUY IT FOR £5.00 AT TESCO, 'CAUSE I DID!)

GREAT VALUE, AMAZING GAMEPLAY, ADDICTIVE FUN.......

Highly recommended...
Rhythm Paradise is a game which tests your concentration, rhythm and timing skills. Basically, it's not really a whole game, but it's over 50 little exquisite minigames put together, to create a DS delight. Each minigame has a theme, of perky characters or things doing a certain activity, which is where your skill comes in. All you have to do is follow the rhythm and tap, slide or flick, depending on the instructions. For example: You have to flick the stylus to return the ball in Rhythm Rally . Got it so far? Great. It's so simple, yet addictive. You have to try and get ratings. Also, it's up to you if you want to keep on practising a certain minigame, or do every one until you reach the end.

Every time you get an O.K rating in a minigame, you unlock a new minigame. Saves the frustration of trying extra hard to get a perfect rating for like a month, just to unlock a new minigame.
That is just fabulous!
Every time you get a Superb rating, you get a medal.
Every time you get a Perfect rating, you get a reward, like a article or some music for the cafe.
If you do very bad, you'll get a Try Again message and others, which means you'll have to improve!

Extras
There is a cafe and a medal room.
~Every time you get a medal, it gets added to your medal count. When you get enough medals, certain games and rhythm toys will be unlocked in the "medal room". There are also guitar courses(technical and beginner.)
Tap on the medal icon in the bottom corner on the game selection screen, to go to the medal room.
~The Cafe is the place you'll want to go to chill, chat to the Barista and get help, practise flicking and listen to music/read articles you've unlocked.

Too much Paradise?!
Rhythm Paradise is a brilliant game, but I think it's a bit over the top. I seem to enjoy it because Cooking Mama is way over the top!! There is quite alot of features and games, but it seems to grab people's attention and not bore them to death(like Gardening Mama-sheesh!)
Post your thoughts!

Other Comments
This game is tight, solid and has a great variety of themes. It's got rock, grace, beach and just classic. There are loads of others too!
I just found this game so addictive, and it just completely lifts your spirits up. This game is so hard to put down sometimes because it interferes with your mind. It's a mixture of puzzle, rhythm and mainly music. Seriously, it will make you as jolly as a rodger!
Ratings
Gameplay 9/10
Graphics 10/10
Uniqueness 9/10
Extra Features 8/10
Total: 36/40(or even more!)

This game is for the young and old! Especially people with a good sense of timing and rhythm! Test your rhythm!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.