GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My trip to the US (concerning imports)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/08/03 at 00:11
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
I have just come back from my holdiday in Florida in which my main objective on the gaming front whilst being out there was to get myself a copy of animal crossing as I knew that it would never come out across the atlantic. I havn't Had many bad reviews about the game so i expected it to be worth getting. At first I stayed in orlando and couldnt find a copy of the game anywhere. I spoke to the clerk in Gamestop who said that animal crossing was the most popular game out for gamecube and he hadnt been able to get it in stock for several monthes now. This only made me more eager to get the game. When we moved to the coast for the second part of the holdiday i was determined to find somewhere that had a copy. Luckily for me a giant EB was just across the road from where we were staying. After getting a nights rest under my belt I set out there the next day to see if they had a copy. the shop was massive and sold nearly every game for every console including N64 and Snes! They had plenty of copies of animal crossing in stock and i thought whilst i was here that i would pick up a cheap copy of pokemon stadium 2.

When i got to the counter the assistant immediately picked up on my accent and informed me that I wouldnt be able to play animal crossing in Britain. i told him that i had an action replay card for gamecube and he agreed that it should work. I then asked him if pokemon stadium would work on the european N64, to which he replied yes that will definately work!

When i returned home a week later I found that the Pokemon stadium cartridge wasnt even the same shape as the european cartridges! It didnt even fit in the machine! I was pretty annoyed by this but decided to start up animal crossing instead. I had recently bought an action replay for £30 back home but had yet to try it out. It worked so smoothly i couldnt imagaine. You litteraly just put the action replay in and then switched the discs around! There were no glitches in the game at all.

After an hour of playing animal crossing i realised that this was going to be one of the most boring games I had ever played! The concept of having a minature life running and working realistically on gamecube appealed to me so much at the time but when I played the game there was really nothing much to do! I walked around asking villagers for tasks in which the same scenario began to pop up over and over again.

Bob: will you get my handkercheif from tangy?
Tangy: oh Im sorry i forgot to give bobs handkercheif back will you give it to him?
Bob: Thank you very much please have this extremely boring present for your good deed.

This same task happened over and over again with diffrent characters and diffrent items. i felt really short changed and annoyed but reallised it was my own fault for not researching into the game thouroughly enough.
Now I am stuck with an american import that i can trade in and sell to any friends. Insted i will have to go through the tireing task of putting it on ebay.

It came to me that if nintendo had brought the game out over here i would have simply been able to rent it or buy it and then take it back when i realised that it wasnt my cup of tea. Thanks alot nintendo.

If anyone has a freeloader or action replay please let me know if you would like to buy it off me as I am now £45 less off!
Fri 29/08/03 at 14:43
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Josh8899 wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> Although i should add that you can get an adaptor that allows you to
> play US games on a PAL N64.
>
>
> Nintendo just LOVE importers dont they :)

Well maybe they should have brought out animal crossing in europe! That way I wouldnt have gone on a wild goose chase for a game i didnt even know id like! and they have the cheek to tell us to stop importing!
Fri 29/08/03 at 14:37
Regular
cookie monster wrote:

Nintendo just LOVE importers dont they :)
Fri 29/08/03 at 14:37
Regular
"QPR 1974"
I'll think it over, nothing wrong with the price, I'm just going to see if I have enough 'dollar dollar' left after I have bought a few items first. Oh, it only costs about £1-£2 to send something of this weight by recorded delivery.
Fri 29/08/03 at 14:25
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Animal crossing is going for £30. That is good value considering that it cost me £45. You will get the official animal crossing memory card aswell. How much do you think it will cost to post and package it though?

If you were to order it off the interenet you would have to spend around $60 for it. That dosnt include postage and packing.
Fri 29/08/03 at 13:37
Regular
"QPR 1974"
How much do you want for Animal Crossing?
Fri 29/08/03 at 13:31
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
cookie monster wrote:

I had one a while back,if you are going to get an adaptor for the N64 make sure it's the most up to date version as it won't play the games if not!
Fri 29/08/03 at 00:46
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Although i should add that you can get an adaptor that allows you to play US games on a PAL N64.
Fri 29/08/03 at 00:45
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Heh, that store clerk was a dingus. I could have told you PS2 wouldnt have worked.
Fri 29/08/03 at 00:33
Regular
"Sal Paradise"
I love AC!

Making other towns to visit on holidays and stuff like that rocks. I guess its about taste. But when i got into it I really loved it. After you complete all the loans to pay off you then can just play on themed days like haloween, christmas, meteor shower, etc. I'm at that stage now and I played it for so many hours before hand.

So to you I say: Boooooooooo! :-)

Ah well, sell it on ebay along with Stadium 2.
Fri 29/08/03 at 00:11
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
I have just come back from my holdiday in Florida in which my main objective on the gaming front whilst being out there was to get myself a copy of animal crossing as I knew that it would never come out across the atlantic. I havn't Had many bad reviews about the game so i expected it to be worth getting. At first I stayed in orlando and couldnt find a copy of the game anywhere. I spoke to the clerk in Gamestop who said that animal crossing was the most popular game out for gamecube and he hadnt been able to get it in stock for several monthes now. This only made me more eager to get the game. When we moved to the coast for the second part of the holdiday i was determined to find somewhere that had a copy. Luckily for me a giant EB was just across the road from where we were staying. After getting a nights rest under my belt I set out there the next day to see if they had a copy. the shop was massive and sold nearly every game for every console including N64 and Snes! They had plenty of copies of animal crossing in stock and i thought whilst i was here that i would pick up a cheap copy of pokemon stadium 2.

When i got to the counter the assistant immediately picked up on my accent and informed me that I wouldnt be able to play animal crossing in Britain. i told him that i had an action replay card for gamecube and he agreed that it should work. I then asked him if pokemon stadium would work on the european N64, to which he replied yes that will definately work!

When i returned home a week later I found that the Pokemon stadium cartridge wasnt even the same shape as the european cartridges! It didnt even fit in the machine! I was pretty annoyed by this but decided to start up animal crossing instead. I had recently bought an action replay for £30 back home but had yet to try it out. It worked so smoothly i couldnt imagaine. You litteraly just put the action replay in and then switched the discs around! There were no glitches in the game at all.

After an hour of playing animal crossing i realised that this was going to be one of the most boring games I had ever played! The concept of having a minature life running and working realistically on gamecube appealed to me so much at the time but when I played the game there was really nothing much to do! I walked around asking villagers for tasks in which the same scenario began to pop up over and over again.

Bob: will you get my handkercheif from tangy?
Tangy: oh Im sorry i forgot to give bobs handkercheif back will you give it to him?
Bob: Thank you very much please have this extremely boring present for your good deed.

This same task happened over and over again with diffrent characters and diffrent items. i felt really short changed and annoyed but reallised it was my own fault for not researching into the game thouroughly enough.
Now I am stuck with an american import that i can trade in and sell to any friends. Insted i will have to go through the tireing task of putting it on ebay.

It came to me that if nintendo had brought the game out over here i would have simply been able to rent it or buy it and then take it back when i realised that it wasnt my cup of tea. Thanks alot nintendo.

If anyone has a freeloader or action replay please let me know if you would like to buy it off me as I am now £45 less off!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.