GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Election Debate"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/04/10 at 09:08
"possibly impossible"
Did you see the debate last night? It's on ITV Player and Youtube if you missed it.

What do you think? Will it change who you vote for?

Personally I think TV Debates are good but don't really act as substitutes for checking the manifesto for the main parties. Still, it will certainly make a difference to those impressionable voters who don't like to read anything and would rather get their votes from a small slice of TV.
Sat 17/04/10 at 15:45
Regular
In terms of the debate itself, I watched parts of it, but the cheesy X-Factor type stage and ridiculous claims or questions devalued the whole thing a little. Gordon Brown relying on discredited figures etc didn't exactly help things

Clegg came off a lot better than expected from the debate, but then it's not hard to see why - considering most people haven't bothered to look at anything the Lib Dems have put out, he can sit there enjoying his hypothetical position, saying what people want to hear, as realistically he knows there isn't much change of the Lib Dems getting in

Who will I be voting for? The Lib Dems.
Simply because Labour has been an embarassment for some time, and Gordon Brown even worse still. Likewise, although the Conservatives are likely to get in, I'd like to at least say I tried to stop them coming in, when in four years time it comes as a huge shock to their supporters that oh, wait, Conservatives are going to do NOTHING different to Labour - they've just been able to criticise Labour's policies the entire time. The only change they might actually implement is closing the UK's borders to immigration. And I really don't see that as such a big issue as the Conservatives think it is

Yes, it's an attempt to win support from the working class electorate who work in unskilled or semi-skilled jobs and feel that people like Eastern Europeans coming in, who are prepared to work harder and can be paid less are "stealing their jobs". At the same time, a lot of that is bullsh, in my opinion at least. Some businesses can exploit those that aren't UK nationals by offering them a lower wage etc, but thanks to strict policing and employment laws it's the minority that do. So really that puts it down more to people relying on benefits and complaining about it being impossible to get a job because the benefits pay more than the job, they're lazy, and it's always nice to blame someone else, eh?
Sat 17/04/10 at 01:01
Regular
I think my favourite part was DC's 40 year old black man who served in the navy for 30 years.
Fri 16/04/10 at 18:25
Regular
Okay, I've now watched it, and can confirm it was as dire as I imagined it to be.
Fri 16/04/10 at 13:05
Regular
As a Politics student, it was clear as to where I would be during the debate..... On a street corner getting drunk.
Fri 16/04/10 at 12:10
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Like pete I watched probably about the first half hour and found it bizarre, and a little dull. It wont change the way I'm voting but I can see how it is likely to affect a certain few of the silent majority.

Ended up watching 'Inside Man' with Clive Owen, it wasn't a great film.
Fri 16/04/10 at 11:23
Regular
"I like turtles"
I watched about half of it,thought it was a bit bizarre TBH.Reminded me of a game show.Whats the next step,throw a question up and make the leaders buzz in to answer it ?.Thought it was pretty dire,didn't like the way that once someone had asked a question they weren't allowed to come back.Cameron's answer to pretty much everything seemed to be ''well you haven't done it in the last 13 years''.Didn't think any of the leaders came across particularly well on it,if any of them did then I suppose it was probably Nick Clegg.The program wont have any effect on the way I intend to vote,although it was a clear indication that future elections may end being run like the X Factor,''to save Gordon,vote now !!!!''.Maybe they should just scrap the election and just put the 3 of them in front of Judge Judy,let her decide the fate of the nation ?.
Fri 16/04/10 at 09:08
"possibly impossible"
Did you see the debate last night? It's on ITV Player and Youtube if you missed it.

What do you think? Will it change who you vote for?

Personally I think TV Debates are good but don't really act as substitutes for checking the manifesto for the main parties. Still, it will certainly make a difference to those impressionable voters who don't like to read anything and would rather get their votes from a small slice of TV.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.