GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How Much to go online??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'SOCOM 3 : US Navy Seals'.
Tue 14/10/03 at 13:05
Regular
"Audere Est Facere"
Hello,

I was thinking about purchasing SOCOM to play online, so thought I would read some of the reviews in S/R. One of the reviews mentioned that to play online you have to pay - is this true? If so how much? And is it the same for all online games?

Thanks for your replies!
Tue 14/10/03 at 17:55
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
There are, surprisingly, quite a few PS2 online gamers out there that don't have a PC but do have broadband and used someone else's laptop to configure their network adaptors.

I'll get around to asking some of them WHY they have no PC sometime.
Tue 14/10/03 at 17:30
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Right, there are a few different ways of getting the PS2 connected to the net though. If you have a USB modem that doesn't have a network cable hole, you'll need to use ICS. But, i think the max you'll pay to get online is:

Network Adapter - £25
SOCOM - £40
Network cable (for ICS) - £8
Tue 14/10/03 at 15:57
Regular
"Audere Est Facere"
Cheers for your reply's. I don't have broadband yet, but I expect I'll get it soon.

Glad you don't have to pay any additional cost's, as that would be mad!

(and yes I do have a PC)
Tue 14/10/03 at 15:52
Regular
"mini that is"
darwok r u online then?
Tue 14/10/03 at 15:02
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
How many people do you think have broadband and don't have a PC???

(and no it's not even necessary but it gives you more options)
Tue 14/10/03 at 14:40
Regular
"mini that is"
i was under the impretion that u also need a pc
Tue 14/10/03 at 14:27
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Nothing to pay. Don't worry.

You just have to pay for broadband. (600k at least).

Buy SOCOM and if you already have broadband, prepare for addiction.
Tue 14/10/03 at 13:05
Regular
"Audere Est Facere"
Hello,

I was thinking about purchasing SOCOM to play online, so thought I would read some of the reviews in S/R. One of the reviews mentioned that to play online you have to pay - is this true? If so how much? And is it the same for all online games?

Thanks for your replies!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.