GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Timesplitters 2 & Hitman 2, are they good games?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timesplitters 2'.
Thu 23/10/03 at 13:50
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
I'm thinking of getting Timesplitters 2 & Hitman 2 for £47.98 + P+P, from Special Reserve ;)

What do you guys think of these games?

One thing i didn't like when i played the Timesplitters 2 demo is the head bobbing when you move, it gave me headaches, can this be turned off in the options?
Mon 27/10/03 at 16:08
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
I'd recommmend Timesplitters 2 to anyone - I don't remember the head bobing thing either.

The multiplayer mode is ace - I was also playing it this weekend - saturday night we started at about 10.00 and carried on into the wee small hours - it's one of those "shall we have just one more go then ?" games.
Mon 27/10/03 at 13:58
Regular
I absolutely love TimeSplitters 2. I wasn't aware of any head bobbing though - was that perhaps just the demo? I've played for hours on end without feeling sick, (except when I first tried "Nice Threads" and couldn't do it!).

Despite having been out for so long, I still play the game - and did this weekend. I'm trying to get each challenge / league mode up to gold or above. I still have 5 silvers remaining though, as well as 40 gold that need to be added to my collection of 21 platinums. It takes so long though!

I couldn't believe the platinum on "Fight off the living dead", the one with the shotgun at the compound:

Bronze 10,000
Silver 15,000
Gold 20,000

I finally got platinum at 149,800, so I'm guessing it must be 140,000 something because my score in the 130,000s didn't get it. Ridiculous! Some of the others are a little more sane though, but are still difficult. The one with the melons above the monkeys heads took ages, and platinum must have been in the low 3000s, compared to gold at 2,500.

Anyway, enough of that. Basically, there is a stupid amount of lastability in the game, as well as the fantastic multiplayer fun. I have a total play time of well over 3 days, (possibly over 80 hours), and would recommend it to anyone (providing you aren't trying hard to study).
Fri 24/10/03 at 22:04
Regular
Timesplitters is an excellent game with an amzing range of characters, that needs to be played to justify my opinion.
Fri 24/10/03 at 08:52
Regular
"MaSTeR Of DArkNeSs"
headaches huh? The old Duke Nukem for PS1 used to give me headaches. I thin its to do with how far from the TV you are and fro how long you play.
Thu 23/10/03 at 20:04
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Well i've played a few FPS's and not had problems before, (eg. halflife)but i always got headaches with TS2 and Medal of Honour. just those 2.

so i thought it was the head bobing that caused it.

anyone else know why it causes it , and if you can turn it off in TS2?
Thu 23/10/03 at 19:13
"period drama"
oasismark wrote:
> So can you turn head bob off in TS 2?

No, I can't remember that option.

Is that what gives you headaches? Because I quite often get headaches after playing FPSs, so this may well be the cause. Interesting...
Thu 23/10/03 at 19:12
"period drama"
They are both most excellent and well worth your pennies.
Get them and be happy.
Thu 23/10/03 at 14:29
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Yeah, it got deleted by SR cos i was inadvertantly advertising another place where you can get games cheaper than SR.

So can you turn head bob off in TS 2?
Thu 23/10/03 at 14:17
Regular
"Complete Banker"
Wasn't this a totally different thread earlier today - saying something about buying both titles for less than £47.98 or whatever it is?

I'll say again what I said earlier - TS2 is class.
Thu 23/10/03 at 13:50
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
I'm thinking of getting Timesplitters 2 & Hitman 2 for £47.98 + P+P, from Special Reserve ;)

What do you guys think of these games?

One thing i didn't like when i played the Timesplitters 2 demo is the head bobbing when you move, it gave me headaches, can this be turned off in the options?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.