GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Serious Sam : The Second Encounter"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Serious Sam: Second Encounter'.
Mon 10/11/03 at 09:50
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Picked it up on saturday for a fiver. Top stuff.

Pure arcade action. Not since the original Doom have I been swamped by as many enemies at one time.

Not a revolutionary FPS by any means, but damn good fun nonetheless.
Tue 11/11/03 at 13:32
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
WickedWare wrote:
> Pandaemonium wrote:

> P.S: PainKiller is looking like a classic Serious Sam spin-off as
> well. Can't wait for that.

Yep, I downloaded a couple of videos of this one ysterday. The ragdoll skeleton fling through the air after getting a stake to the side of the head had my jaw dropping.

Cant wait for this one. Each and every FPS should have 200 foot boss monsters ;)
Tue 11/11/03 at 12:44
Regular
"where's my tag?"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Picked it up on saturday for a fiver. Top stuff.
>
> Pure arcade action. Not since the original Doom have I been swamped
> by as many enemies at one time.
>
> Not a revolutionary FPS by any means, but damn good fun nonetheless.

Agreed. A brilliant game. The level design is on par with the greatest FPS games around and the puzzles/traps are total genius.

I thought that the stadium (close to the end) was a tad tedius, with bulls charging you for about 10 solid minutes, but everything else was really enjoyable.

Long live the Sam franchise!

P.S: PainKiller is looking like a classic Serious Sam spin-off as well. Can't wait for that.
Tue 11/11/03 at 12:14
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
Lol, I got Serious Sam Gold edition which contains both the first and second game. I bought it from 'GAME' in Tunbridge wells and it had a 75% discount on it bringing it down to 9.99 from whatever it was at. I thought it was a bargain and when I took it to the counter, the sale person took another 75% off by accident making me pay only 3.99 for it.

Foolish mistake but brilliant for me.
Mon 10/11/03 at 13:07
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Jellybaby wrote:
> i hope someone out there can help, i would like to know where the
> secrets are and why when i complete a level, i havent killed all the
> monsters and bio-mechanoids etc., i look allround the level even
> going bac to the start and then all the wayn through again but to no
> avail. any ideas???

http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/ (space) doswin/file/serious_sam_second_encounter_secrets.txt

http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/ (space) doswin/file/serious_sam_second_encounter_secrets.txt

http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/ (space) doswin/file/serious_sam_2.txt
Mon 10/11/03 at 12:46
Regular
"im the big black on"
i hope someone out there can help, i would like to know where the secrets are and why when i complete a level, i havent killed all the monsters and bio-mechanoids etc., i look allround the level even going bac to the start and then all the wayn through again but to no avail. any ideas???
Mon 10/11/03 at 09:50
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Picked it up on saturday for a fiver. Top stuff.

Pure arcade action. Not since the original Doom have I been swamped by as many enemies at one time.

Not a revolutionary FPS by any means, but damn good fun nonetheless.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.