GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Well Then"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 03/01/04 at 03:18
Regular
Viewtiful Joe
Need For Speed: Underground
1080: Avalanche
Soul Calibur 2
XIII

All games that interest me.
I'll get them all anyway, the question is: when?

It's my birthday in a week, but I'll get something before then, then some stuff with my money.

But what?
And when?
Tommorrow? Well, Today, but, THE 3rd.

Probably XIII or NFS, as they interest me most, but what are your recommendations?
Thu 08/01/04 at 23:03
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> Burnout 2 >>>>>waay over NFSU.
>
> NFSU might have all the parts, music and 'cool' stuff, but it kinda
> forgot to be a decent arcade racer at the same time.
>
> Burnout 2 doesn't have all the frilly rubbish, it just is supreme
> arcade racing.

Apart from the fact that my brother has it sitting in his room right now, and that he bought me Need For Speed for my birthday (Long story, but he had to take back the stuff he got me for Crimbo as he didn't realise that it was for the PS2, and my wee brother already owns it, so he went back, they would only give him vouchers to use in that shop, so he had the meagre choice of 10 games, and most of them were either already in teh house or utter crap, so he got me NFS).

Anyway, i've got about 6 mates with it, and none of them have complained yet.
But, I'm going oyut to get Viewtiful Joe and Soul Calibur within the next week or two, and I'll get 1080 if I find it cheap.
Tue 06/01/04 at 13:30
Regular
SC2
VJ
XIII

easily!
Mon 05/01/04 at 18:04
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
Well, after much overtime at work, I have ordered the last two games on my list, Mario Party 5 and Viewtiful Joe. That makes it 8 since Christmas day. MWA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Mon 05/01/04 at 18:01
Regular
Xtreme-G Racing Association. A very good game, sadly overlooked in the wake of F-Zero GX. You can actually pick it up for as cheap as £9.99 now.
Mon 05/01/04 at 17:55
Regular
"****im the best****"
Maverick42 wrote:
> maddmun wrote:
> Then it's a chouice between NFS and 1080
>
> Need for Speed is dull. Upgrading your car is thoroughly unrewarding
> and the gameplay is samey, boring and really isn't that fast.
> Honestly, I've actually heard many people say it's not very good. To
> be fair, it has it's moments, but I wouldn't call it anything above
> average and certainly not something to get when you can purchase
> Burnout 2 or XGRA.
>
> Get 1080.

XGRA?
Mon 05/01/04 at 17:52
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Burnout 2 >>>>>> waay over NFSU.

NFSU might have all the parts, music and 'cool' stuff, but it kinda forgot to be a decent arcade racer at the same time.

Burnout 2 doesn't have all the frilly rubbish, it just is supreme arcade racing.
Mon 05/01/04 at 17:51
Regular
GasMask wrote:
> I want a decent FPS, any reccomendations?

Metroid Prime or TimeSplitters 2 if you don't yet have them.
Mon 05/01/04 at 17:50
Regular
maddmun wrote:
> Then it's a chouice between NFS and 1080

Need for Speed is dull. Upgrading your car is thoroughly unrewarding and the gameplay is samey, boring and really isn't that fast. Honestly, I've actually heard many people say it's not very good. To be fair, it has it's moments, but I wouldn't call it anything above average and certainly not something to get when you can purchase Burnout 2 or XGRA.

Get 1080.
Mon 05/01/04 at 17:18
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> In order:
>
> Soul Calibur 2
> Viewtiful Joe
> 1080: Avalanche
> XIII
> NFSU (I don't suggest you get this)

Well, I got XIII yesterday.
It's fantastic.
My brother's gonna get me Viewtiful Joe.
I seen Soul Calibur for 30 quid whilst I was out yesterday, so, using cash, I'll get that.
Then it's a chouice between NFS and 1080

Keep in mind that I've heard more than one person say they disliked 1080 (They liked the original), but you're so far the only person who's told me not to get NFS)
Sun 04/01/04 at 11:22
Regular
In order:

Soul Calibur 2
Viewtiful Joe
1080: Avalanche
XIII
NFSU (I don't suggest you get this)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.