GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MGS4"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots'.
Thu 12/02/04 at 20:00
"Sony/PS2/Best"
Horror!

I have read that Hideo Kojima is not going to direct MGS4, anyone got info?
Mon 16/02/04 at 13:48
"Sony/PS2/Best"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Metal Gear 2...

Are you refering to MGS2 or Metal Gear 2?
Fri 13/02/04 at 15:04
Regular
"Monochromatic"
i was thinking about mgs yesterday,now the last game, the story was about the cloning of raiden and creating a army,and the story was left at that,has it occurres to anyone that the next true sequel,is likely to be online.a army of elite soldiers was mentioned,i recall.
Fri 13/02/04 at 11:09
Regular
Icarus wrote:
> messing up the storyline with vamps

Vamp is one of the best characters over the two games, a great edition to the series. He made some of the lackluster shell sections pretty intersting, especially when he kills all the soldiers apart from Snake.

You won't catch me saying this often but I agree with Darwock, Spinter Cell is Splinter Cell and Metal Gear is Metal Gear. Taking the special feel out of the Metal Gear games will be nearly as disappointing as taking the lead role away from Snake in the second part of Metal Gear 2.

Metal Gear 2 was dissapointing in the latter stages and they spoilt things with the repetitive Shell section. There were plenty of areas to enjoy the game but it was such a let down at times. That said I still prefer playing it over Splinter Cell and the original released next month on the Cube is going to be something extremely special, I seriously can not wait.
Fri 13/02/04 at 09:31
Regular
Yes, it was meant to give that cinematic element all along. I personally thought the inclusion of a vampire made it somewhat corny. At least the other characters could easily be real - including Psycho Mantis (well, maybe without the telekinesis) and Grey Fox (nanotechnology is advancing so much, this could well be a future possibility).

At least MGS3 looks gritty, and real.

*waits for announcement that MGS3 will contain faries, werewolves and wicked witches*
Fri 13/02/04 at 09:19
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Icarus, MGS is a movie-oriented game. What do you mean 'turning it into', that's what it's meant to be. Go and play Splinter Cell if you want something different, we don't need Konami to make a Splinter Cell as well.
Fri 13/02/04 at 09:18
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
That probably came from the documentaries on MGS2. Cos that was kind of a metaphor... Snake passes on his skills... DNA passes on to the next generation... Kojima passes on his knowledge so that others can do it next time. That's what he said back then, but as I understand it, he's back behind the wheel. And I agree it wouldn't be the same without him. There'd be no chance of any Psycho Mantis/psycho corridor type scenarios popping up without him.
Fri 13/02/04 at 06:59
Good, he was turning the series into a movie orientated game. And messing up the storyline with vamps and sooper dooper hydrogen bombs.
Thu 12/02/04 at 20:01
Regular
shouldn't we wait for MGS3 first before worrying about 4?
Thu 12/02/04 at 20:00
"Sony/PS2/Best"
Horror!

I have read that Hideo Kojima is not going to direct MGS4, anyone got info?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.